Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caster Setting

denjil

Country Flag
malta
Hi all,

Is there a modification that can be done to increase the maximum caster setting?

After fitting 2 inch lift to my swb I went for a wheel alignment.. Toe and camber have been set.. but when we tried to set the caster over a certain amount the camber would loose the correct setting as well.

I do not know if this is normal since its lifted now.

thanks
Daniel

That's normal denjil most of us just have it set up as near as possible , but if it bothers you greatly there are SPC upper control arms that come with an adjustable upper ball joint which will correct the issue . (same arms as the early 4runner/Tacoma which are available in the USA i believe)

I considered the fancy upper arms but i could only get them shipped from Australia at a silly price and i felt its too much money to fix a problem that is not really a problem at all .

Thanks shayne.
The steering feels good as it was before the lift so it does not really bother me... only thought about adding forward caster to get more clearance from the back side of the arch because tire is rubbing when wheel flexes up with steering turned.

Most of us running much bigger tyres have trimmed inside the arch with a grinder , there's a fold seems (hidden by plastics i think) and i cut off about a 6 inch length of it to stop 285/75's rubbing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back