Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central locking auto lock

BigPOS

Country Flag
australia
So they car locks itself again after unlocking it and not opening a door....can you disable this....reason....i had my tail gate up walked away....it locked and i locked my keys in the boot...was out camping...so $160 excess on my roadside assist. Anf i got my keys back 5 hours later

I would not think so as its designed like that for a reason, if you were to accidently pressed the unlock button in your pocket it would
unlock the car and so someone could get in, but the way its designed is to relock it.
you will have to make sure you dont leave the keys in the car

I thought that it only (re)locked, if a door was unopened for say 30 secs, after you originally unlock it.

If you unlock the car and then open and close a door, it wouldn't/shouldn't automatically relock the car?

At least that's how it works on most Toyotas and other makes....

The OP had the tailgate open - so shouldn't have relocked automatically?

Yes it actually locks with the tailgate still open....i trialled it and it definitely locks with to window section of the tailgate open...perhaps the door switch is broken in my tail gate then

Hi, might be worth checking the wiring inside the tailgate. Mine was doing similar and I found 3 of the 5 (I think) wires that are bundled together inside were shorting. If you take the trim off and look towards the bottom left hand side you should see the wires coming into the tailgate. Its the section that bends a lot when opening and closing. Give them a good wiggle and see what happens. I had to unwrap the tape and rejoin them.

Last edited:
I checked the upper tail gate latch and it wasnt working, also my rear rh door doesn't work...ive swapped plungers and confirmed its wiring....so gotta pull apart the back

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I fixed my rh rear door, it was a broken wire....now, could any1 provide any insite on what pin on the remote locking ecu goes to the flasher rekau
20210318_160732.jpg

Back