Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central Locking Fault

Odin 8

Supporter
Country Flag
england
My J100 seems to be set in a default mode of 'lock the doors', regardless. It has become a bit of a pain in the derriere. With an electrician, we have located various modules related to the central locking, pulled them out, cleaned them and replaced, but, nothing alters the state of 'Lock'?
We have found water ingress down both front in A post door pillars. Only one of the key fobs has a circuit inside. We have identified the Master Key. Replaced the drivers door lock assembly, but always the same result, it defaults to 'Lock all doors'.
The electrician has asked for the location of the BCM ?
Any ideas please?

Just an idea umm there is a door lock button in dvrs door and if I remember right another member traced his fault to a wire chafed in the convoluted rubber tube between the door and pillar

Found out from the Toyota Main Agents that the 1998, pre EOBD vehicles do not have a Body Control Module. Just individual modules/boxes for the relevant circuit. Hence so many cables. The problem turned out to be water ingress in a large multi-plug in the passenger side A post by the fuse board. Water running down the inside.. The rain water entering the foot well through holes, drillings, that locate the bonnet rubber seal which runs across the top of the scuttle panel below the windscreen. See pictures.

IMG_20220825_125145_405.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMG_20220824_122708_161.jpg
This last week's heavy rain coincided the first time that my machine had lived out in the inclement weather. I had filled the inner sills and A post with waxoyl, unfortunately there is a large sound deadening sponge located in the bottom of the A post that has acted as a plug and held the rain water.

IMG_20220824_122644_778.jpg
Wringing out said sound deadening sponge from inside the A post. This one is soaked in both Waxoyl & rain water. I don't think that I will be replacing it until I m certain that I have prevented the rain water ingress.

Thanks for this.

I've been getting water ingress in the passenger foot well too. Not such a huge problem in Zimbabwe.. but a pain in rainy season.

I will come and visit you, bring some complementary rain clouds to test your motor!

Back