Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Centre Console

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So now that I have a 90, I am looking to fit my CB into the 1 DIN slot below the radio. How does one take the dash apart? I am sure that there are a few screws, but being lazy so looking for someone's experience....

Thanks

Centre dash is really simple.

On mine there are no screws. You just take out the ash tray, then firmly pull on the plastic.

It is held in by some clips - thats all.

Start at the bottom and work your way up.

Perfect thanks..... Was just going to pull at it then thought I better ask

Before you go pulling im sure there is two screw to take out near the ashtray area and then it is a case of pulling firmly.

Joe

No. It just pulls out.

Chris

Thanks Chris will be doing this over the weekend.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am installing 2-DIN size Pioneer in my centre console. Now I have only 1-DIN hole there, but I found that there is available part which have bigger hole? Do 2-DIN unit fit to it or is it only for some bigger oem Toyota radio?
Any idea about the size of this hole? The width is about 18 cm, but how much is the height? The height of the Pioneer installing box is about 11 cm, would it fit?
I just think if I save the original as it is and buy a new one for 2-DIN size stereo.
113.jpg

That's a funny thing that is :think: That must be the hole for an OEM Sat Nav thingy :?: But that's not the funny thing, the funny thing is the holes for the clock & switches are on the oposite side to mine :think: Must be the left hand / right hand drive thing :?: You wouldn't think that they would bother would you :)

See :)

PB200084.jpg

What will you do with all of your heater controls then KZJ :?:

It is a 2-DIN hole for the larger units. I fitted a Sony in the wife's 90 and transfered it to the 80 no issues.

Trouble with fitting a CB is if the CB is single DIN and so is the radio the hole is slightly less deep than needed. I had to shave off about 2mm of the surround in my 80 to fit both in. The hole in the dash behind the panel is plenty big enough for 2 x single DIN if you need it.

Ecky Thump said:
It is a 2-DIN hole for the larger units. I fitted a Sony in the wife's 90 and transfered it to the 80 no issues.

Trouble with fitting a CB is if the CB is single DIN and so is the radio the hole is slightly less deep than needed. I had to shave off about 2mm of the surround in my 80 to fit both in. The hole in the dash behind the panel is plenty big enough for 2 x single DIN if you need it.

Had to do the same with my 95, still looks good though, the only downside is that it gets very hot in there when both are turned on.

Oh by the way it makes life easier if you take the heater control knobs of first before pulling because your face will probably be quite close to fasia when pulling and the knobs have a habbit of pinging of and hitting you in the face :oops: :oops:

Steve

sae70 said:
Must be the left hand / right hand drive thing :?:
Might be. ;) This is what I have now. There is a box below the radio e.g. for sunglasses, but when removed, the hole is not as wide as the upper DIN hole.
kojelautafy6.jpg

sae70 said:
What will you do with all of your heater controls then KZJ :?:

Use them like before. :? The lower hole is identical between these two panels.

Just still wonder is the lower edge any more lower than in this panel I have now? If not, then the Pioneer won´t fit without sawing the hole bigger.
centerconsolee.jpg

Back