Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Centre Diff Lock Switch.

G

All Toyota Land Cruisers 80 series are wired to take a Centre Diff lock switch, this puts in the transfer box lock so you can be in lock High range, without you put the transfer box in Low range on the stick, your going slow. Easy fit. This one fits 1990 to 1994. on the dash top row near the steering wheel, may been a blanking plate there now.
centre.JPG

Indeed.

Now available from amayama for about £40 brand new, and no healthy trucks will have been hurt due to this transaction.

happy shopping!

Took some time to find but yes 32.90 to 47.78 USD.

84725-60010
01.1990 - 01.1995
SWITCH, CENTER DIFFERENTIAL LOCK
FJ80,FZJ80,HDJ80,HZJ80
need to add VAT, import tax and post.

It also disables the ABS when the switch is engaged, ABS is the last thing you want on a loose surface.

I would add, no one to date has confessed to telling the Japanese that 'Centre' is spelt as 'Center'. 8>)

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No sold it to Gav

No big problem Garry,you really are predictable. On the basis that my driver did not come back with it Friday last, when I returned a carpet set supplied the wrong colour ( at my expense) and you were uncontactable on monday,and all week ( my phone numbers blocked? others got through) I ordered one from elsewhere, it came Wed, less money ( by £15) and was fitted Thurs.

IMG_0831_zpsirt2rdhy.jpg

IMG_0836_zps7gsrtvqs.jpg

One thing you should remember Garry is that you are only a shop, and the most important people in that shop are the customers, especially the regulars who pass recommendations to others and have been with you a long time. If you don't value those customers then you value nothing.
In my opinion you have done well and found a market waiting to be tapped but you have to be careful that with success arrogance doesn't become you. My driver was less than impressed I'll say with your attitude.,
Personally I don't care if you choose not to supply me any more, thats up to you, there are plenty who have volunteered to order on my behalf but just having bought an N reg green VX80 manual for spares and hopefully a 12V auto to come I shouldn't need a lot from elsewhere to keep my little fleet of 80's going.

No big problem Garry,you really are predictable. On the basis that my driver did not come back with it Friday last, when I returned a carpet set supplied the wrong colour ( at my expense) and you were uncontactable on monday,and all week ( my phone numbers blocked? others got through) I ordered one from elsewhere, it came Wed, less money ( by £15) and was fitted Thurs.

View attachment 102089

View attachment 102090

One thing you should remember Garry is that you are only a shop, and the most important people in that shop are the customers, especially the regulars who pass recommendations to others and have been with you a long time. If you don't value those customers then you value nothing.
In my opinion you have done well and found a market waiting to be tapped but you have to be careful that with success arrogance doesn't become you. My driver was less than impressed I'll say with your attitude.,
Personally I don't care if you choose not to supply me any more, thats up to you, there are plenty who have volunteered to order on my behalf but just having bought an N reg green VX80 manual for spares and hopefully a 12V auto to come I shouldn't need a lot from elsewhere to keep my little fleet of 80's going.

Not sure I understand why if the wrong colour of carpet was supplied that you (Andy)would then have to have costs to return it??

Mussy.
Second time I had to return something at my expense. Maybe its worth establishing that if something has to be returned for whatever justifiable explanation just whose responsibility it is to pay. Probably by email then its established.
I'm still waiting for a seat control knob I was promised more than 6 months ago when I bought a seat with one missing and told one would be forwarded on.

now we are seeing the other side of splashing oneself all over a public forum in the interests of self promotion.

the complaints...

I now have your switch knob and I will post it to you. Better late than never.

knob.JPG

For those of you who don't have leather seats its the switch that moves the back rest back and forth,

No it was missing off the cream leather seat I sold. Just finishing off the order ,

That conversion to High Range centre dif lock is dangerous on UK roads and driving conditions. That's why Toyota did not fit the switch for vehicles supplied to UK.

Dangerous in what way Frank. They went on to provide that facility in the 90 series Colorado in the UK. Handbook says it can be engaged up to 60 mph IIRC.

That conversion to High Range centre dif lock is dangerous on UK roads and driving conditions. That's why Toyota did not fit the switch for vehicles supplied to UK.

Dangerous in what way Frank. They went on to provide that facility in the 90 series Colorado in the UK. Handbook says it can be engaged up to 60 mph IIRC.

I was wondering the same thing Chris, my cruiser came standard with center diff lock switch.

I cannot agree it is dangerous Frank. I often use it on fast dusty road when campo driving, There is less wheel spin from the rear when cornering fast so the back does not try to step out so much.

Just my experience others may find otherwise? I never use it on tarmac though.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
They did Frank, AFAIAA the GS model had them fitted. Now whether that is peculiar to models without ABS and viscous coupling I'm not sure.

Back