Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chad govt bans Land Cruisers

Andrew Prince

I thought this was pretty amusing!
If the intention is that the rebels and opposition all use LRs, it could prove to be one of the greatest strategic calls ever made by a government! :laughing-rolling:

Chad is dodgy for overlanders and now even more so by the looks. Shame because Libya is getting safer.

I cannot remember if this report made it to this forum or not, but Algeria also banned the Land Cruiser. :mrgreen:

By that reasoning, there are various governments that will try to ban shoes as terrorists/drug dealers/rebels/insurgents all use walking as a method of transport :shhh: (At least we've changed our administration - the last lot would take that to a manifesto :whistle: )

Strangely enough, in Dubai only UAE citizens can register a 79 pick-up as a private vehicle. Foreigners can only drive them as company cars.

The dealer told me that it was something to do with smuggling across the Saudi & Omani borders. I haven't had time to ask the Land Rover dealer if he's seen a huge influx of dodgy looking characters inquiring about Defender pick-ups...

Cheers,

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And I remember there were a lot of them around when I was out there - even got pulled out of the sand central reservation by one driven by a very old local, on the Al-Ain Truck road when I was on the way back from a Radar base and nearly ran out of fuel and tried a short cut across the median to get to a station on the other side - big mistake, Chevy Caprice doesn't like sand : :roll: :roll:

Back