Chad govt bans Land Cruisers

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
Chad is dodgy for overlanders and now even more so by the looks. Shame because Libya is getting safer.

Dave Burgess

Apr 1, 2010
Didcot, Oxon
By that reasoning, there are various governments that will try to ban shoes as terrorists/drug dealers/rebels/insurgents all use walking as a method of transport :shhh: (At least we've changed our administration - the last lot would take that to a manifesto :whistle: )

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

PaulH

Mar 16, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Strangely enough, in Dubai only UAE citizens can register a 79 pick-up as a private vehicle. Foreigners can only drive them as company cars.

The dealer told me that it was something to do with smuggling across the Saudi & Omani borders. I haven't had time to ask the Land Rover dealer if he's seen a huge influx of dodgy looking characters inquiring about Defender pick-ups...

Cheers,

Paul

Andy Harvey

Mar 6, 2010
Cheltenham, UK
And I remember there were a lot of them around when I was out there - even got pulled out of the sand central reservation by one driven by a very old local, on the Al-Ain Truck road when I was on the way back from a Radar base and nearly ran out of fuel and tried a short cut across the median to get to a station on the other side - big mistake, Chevy Caprice doesn't like sand : :roll: :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks