Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Changing 0.9 bar radiator cap to 1.1 bar

copperland

Country Flag
turkey
I have a water leak problem from radiator cap. My mechanic advice is changing radiator cap to 1.1 bar?

What do you think about it? Does it make sense? What will be the result?

Doesn't make much sense imho.
When it leaķs to the bottle, then there might be too much pressure in the system from a cracked head.
When it leaks to the outside, try fitting a new gasket.

If it's just the cap that is leaking, why replace with anything different ?
Of course if your mechanics suggestion is to try and fix any underlying problems, maybe because of pressure build up, that's another matter that needs addressing. As Firewout says, it doesnt make sense.
Are there any other problems apart from leaking rad cap ?

My initial thought is no. If Toyota spec'ed a 0.9 bar cap, then that's what you need. Have you tried replacing it with a new (Toyota) 0.9bar cap?

Sorry for late answer. I changed the radiator and now everything is ok. The leak was because of radiator throat, I could make it fix it but prefered to change.

Thanks for advices.

If it's just the cap that is leaking, why replace with anything different ?
Of course if your mechanics suggestion is to try and fix any underlying problems, maybe because of pressure build up, that's another matter that needs addressing. As Firewout says, it doesnt make sense.
Are there any other problems apart from leaking rad cap ?

No probs mate. Thanks for feedback on conclusion. Notifying a problem solved and how/why, could be of use to another member in future. Good youre up,and running again.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back