Channel 4 Dispatches tonight 8pm

Shayne Jan 23, 2017

1. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
  2. goodoldboy

goodoldboy Well-Known Member

Map
    sighn on of course.But workers from overseas see it differently.I worked with some Columbian brickies here in Spain & they were earning 2.5 times what they were getting at home.What they didn't know before they arrived us that they would be earning 50% less than me , even though they were doing 60hours a week & I was doing 40 .Also I was driving the manitou & labouring not even on the tools.

3. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    2.5 times what they get paid at home eh goodoldboy , i suppose its quite lucrative especially when the gov is also paying you benefits for yourself and your ex wife and 4 kids who have never set foot in Britain as well .

So where in the world can i go with no qualifications to work for a couple of years and earn enough to buy a house back home for cash ?

4. goodoldboy

goodoldboy Well-Known Member

Map
    you could sell up & buy a place in Bulgaria or Romania I suppose.I'm willing to bet that most workers from the east are young single people.Anyway the law has changed & you can't get benefits now unless you have been in the countty for 2 years.My Columbian workmates were completely unaware of their rights as regards holidays ,pay sickness overtime minimum wage etc & were robbed blind.Family credit & housing benefit were not brought in for foreign workers but to subsidise crap wages.

hopeless wanderer likes this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter