Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Charlie and Nina

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Heard form Charlie today, they are are the homeward leg and have just crossed Kajeekisbekerstanisland and are headed back into civilisation. Been sporadic contact recently due to lack of internet. Hah, try Chesterfield!

Anyway, fantastic news, they are engaged. They figured that if they could stand a year with each other in a 90 crossing some of the most inhospitable parts of the World, they may as well stick together. I have wished them well of course. Although they should be back in the UK in June, they will not be back in time for Lincomb which is a massive disappointment. They have some fantastic tales to tell around the fire I can assure you. Recent episodes with a drunk Russian farmer at 3 in the morning for one.

Chris

Good stuff!

Did they get their engine troubles sorted in the end?

Remember reading they had some bad head crack & valve issues?

Yes they did. Just because someone looks like they know what they're doing, it doesn't mean that they do. The trick is knowing how to spot that they don't.

They got it all fixed in time to jump into China.

Chris

Chris said:
Yes they did. Just because someone looks like they know what they're doing, it doesn't mean that they do. The trick is knowing how to spot that they don't.

They got it all fixed in time to jump into China.

Chris
Now when I hear China,,,,,, I am all ears,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rob said:
Thats great news

Here is a link to their site if anyone is interested http://www.nojobwilltravel.co.uk/
Great readin,
I couldn't help using an extract from their writings,

"Beijing is massive – 20 million plus people, but like Shanghai it’s surprisingly easy to drive into, thanks to a network of six vast, concentric ring roads – rather like having six M25’s around London. Heavy industry and power stations scar its outskirts, but further in it’s impossible not to be impressed with its scale and wealth. We see our first Lamborghini since leaving Moscow; Porsches and Ferraris don’t even raise an eyebrow. "

Thats the new Beijing for you.
Range Rovers, X5's, Audie R8's all of them by the dozen.

Graham

Back