Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chas' HMS Phoenix

Commiserations on the bump, sh*t happens, but they've done a fine job and HMSP will rise again I'm sure.

Loving the Nato green paint job. Shame about the bump though.
You found a replacement wing and bonnet?

Loving the Nato green paint job. Shame about the bump though.
You found a replacement wing and bonnet?
I dare say the guys at Perfect Paint will have that knocked back into shape before any replacement parts could get there. :)

No way is that the same truck. No, I don't buy it. Wow, what a fantastic job. I know where I'm going for my holiday next year.

Take heart Chas old chap, you know it still looks better with its new dents than it did with all old the old ones. Don't forget to tell the DVA that it's not red anymore.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is where skilled craftsmen still operate because the cost of their time is cheaper than the cost of new parts.

When Dan saw the area of the damage at the "pointy bit" where the side-light aperture is, he said he'd try to get a replacement wing, but is unsure how long it will take to arrive.

When Dan saw the area of the damage at the "pointy bit" where the side-light aperture is, he said he'd try to get a replacement wing, but is unsure how long it will take to arrive.

Presumably too much work to un-mangle it!

Could this be a job for @karl webster ?

Yes, problems getting the correct profile. No idea with Karl, Rich, then there's shipping etc...

lol, and here I am on holiday for the next two weeks and no plans beyond chilling out and doing some jobs on Thirsty.

lol, and here I am on holiday for the next two weeks and no plans beyond chilling out and doing some jobs on Thirsty.

Lucky you Julian, I got up at 5:00 am this morning for a flight to Istanbul, typing this from the gate... back Thursday night to see what has developed... :icon-neutral:

My own truck goes in for the steering box rebuild today, so it's all go ...:?

Thanks Clive, I don't envy you at all, this is my first holiday to just potter about with no plans in about 6 or 7 years, it feels strange not having anything planned that has to be done.
I bet you are looking forward to getting the steering box sorted.

[QUOTE="clivehorridge, post: 1459915, member: 7421"winging, problems getting the correct profile. No idea with Karl, Rich, then there's shipping etc...[/QUOTE]
Dan says repairs can be done,, no need for another wing

Gut wrenching Chas. As Chris said - still looking much better with new dents than the old.

Fingers crossed he gets you back on the road in no time at all.

Thanks Clive, I don't envy you at all, this is my first holiday to just potter about with no plans in about 6 or 7 years, it feels strange not having anything planned that has to be done.
I bet you are looking forward to getting the steering box sorted.

Oh yes, as long as they get the thing centralised correctly. I'm going to have a close look at it when it comes home to check the steering limiters are set within the ability of the steering box.

Enjoy your break Julian, and don't try too hard to fill in the time. This time is yours and it does you good to wind-down occasionally. :thumbup:

[QUOTE="clivehorridge, post: 1459915, member: 7421"winging, problems getting the correct profile. No idea with Karl, Rich, then there's shipping etc...
Dan says repairs can be done,, no need for another wing[/QUOTE]

Excellent news Chas, that will save time. So it should all be over when I get home Thursday evening then? :pray:

That's a great job they've done, shame about the bump but accidents happen and cars fix.
At least they can repair it again.

Wow Chas what a transformation! :icon-surprised:

I cant belive how good it looked when they had finished! :clap:

Sorry to see/hear about the slight bump on the way back to Clive's, but having seen the standard of work they have done on this and on Clive's, I have no doubts they will soon have it looking good as new again! :thumbup:

Back