Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cheap 80 series hiding on C&C

Looks good on top. Underneath may be a different story. Mot ran out December last year and not renewed. Was doing 25k a year until last year when it only did 8k so it's been sat since before December at this garage for sale.

Last edited:
Would be nice to see what you could get the mileage upto

I suppose it depends how long you want to run an old out of date and potentially unreliable truck for work as no one achieves this kind of mileage on social domestic and pleasure.

Would be nice to see what you could get the mileage upto

Id love it for that reason stu.

I understand what your saying andy. Looking at it another way though. Some people maintain to a high standard when they need the truck to be able to do the job all year round. If its sat on a motorway all year with a trailer and a small classic car on the back it may have had an easy life.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Id love it for that reason stu.

I understand what your saying andy. Looking at it another way though. Some people maintain to a high standard when they need the truck to be able to do the job all year round. If its sat on a motorway all year with a trailer and a small classic car on the back it may have had an easy life.

Yep I'm with you on that Karl but it has had half a million miles of road dust, salt, slush,mud etc and being driven. Id have more confidence if it had a weekly thorough clean underneath. Without a detailed history from a long term driver its impossible to say.

The underneath cleaning is important on older vehicles. I mainly used the Suburban in winter but regularly cleaned it in the air with the hot water washer. Its new owner was amazed at its condition for 20 years old, "unbelievable" was the term he used. I've only had 2 cruisers better, the 80K GS and the African import 60.

Back