Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cheap 80 series winch bumper.

Actually that would suit me. Mine is rather bent and I can't be bothered to start again. With that being uncoated, I could add a hoop then get it finished.

Going to give him a call I think and make him an offer.

Well spotted

'Tis mine. Thanks Paul. Again, well spotted.

I can either put the ARB on the silver one, now and put this on the new truck when it comes, or vice versa I guess. I will add a hoop or two I think though then get it coated. I may add some tubes inside too so that it has ramming strength. Then I can get a skip of body filler and fill the corner of my wings in!

Chris can i have some photos of this as i like it and would like some ideas please
stu

Chris, if you do go for this check the total width. I bought one that looks identical to this for my green 80 it fitted fine but as you can see it is not the full width, must be for a different model.

1.JPG

Picking it up this morning. If you look at the pics on the advert it seems to be full width. I don't have flares on in any case.

Will post more at some point. But for what I have paid for it, it's a good simple base for me to work from. There is a huge amount of thinking and butt scratching goes into these things.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Silly of me Chris, I should have realised you could fettle it anyway if it wan't the correct width. :oops:

Does he have more than one? it's still up for sale on eBay.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly how much you paid Chris but the cost of raw materials would probably be very similar.

It's a neat looking bar.

Roger

No, that the same one Paul. He only has one, I know 'cos it's on my drive now. Nice fella. Turns out that we're actually connected via another (ex) 80 owner. He's a chassis fabricator by trade and had a nice set up. He's worked out the designs over time and has them on cad now so he calls off a box of bits from the steel yard and simply makes them up. Very pleased with it. Going to mod it of course. A new powder coater has opened up this week around the corner from him - I saw it as I drove past. He's going to see what they can do. He makes sliders too. Most of the stuff is for Landrovers really, but he can make at least two of the most popular 80 bits very easily.

Like I said, bargain. Working in my garage, faffing around falling over stuff makes this well worth the money and 3 hours driving time there and back.

Nice looking bumper, good base to mod from and like you say saves a lot of messing about.

They never have mate.

Shit site cant expect sale like that

Back