Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check out these puppies!

Thanks Jon. Not really hard work, but a PITA at this stage. I couldn't leave them in std silver they'd have looked terrible. I'll fix them over the weekend. But the phrase 'lot of trouble' just about sums up my last week in trying to get GW back on its wheels.

Off to get the tyres on NOW.

C

About bloomin' time I can tell you!

Well at last. We're getting somewhere.
IMGP4092.jpg

Rides nice - got them at 35psi and I think they need to come down a little to maybe 30 to start with. Slight tyre noise, but hell, whadya expect.

I have had to lighten the pics a little as they are BLACK. I mean really BLACK. Pretty sleek.

IMGP4091.jpg

You might think they are a bit slim, but they are 255 still. Not exactly bike tyres. I think that they do look like truck tyres on the 8" rim. Well they ARE truck tyres. The sidewalls are not as protected as, say, a 285, but I'm not rock crawling every weekend so I don't care really. As they are thinner they will fit in between the ruts that you fat boys make anyway.

IMGP4094.jpg

Some stuff to do this weekend here and there and then I'm going North to do some senseless killing of wildlife where we camp out under the stars around a fire, shoot, drink and talk bo11ock5 all weekend generally. Sounds good doesn't it.

IMGP4093.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• IMGP4092.jpg
    IMGP4092.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGP4091.jpg
    IMGP4091.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 69
  • IMGP4094.jpg
    IMGP4094.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP4093.jpg
    IMGP4093.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 82
Looks good Chris, very tidy. I see you went for the easy option in the end :lol:

No, you can't see them close up. They are all crackled. Looks alright without them as per Julian's comment except that the caps and hubs really need to be painted over too, rather than be rust coloured.
Just wanted to get it rolling!

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking good there Chris :) I had the same problem with lightening the pics when I was posting my powder coated alloy pics way way back...

Can I ask about your CB antenna? Does Great White have a sunroof?

I want to fit mine up in the centre of the roof like yours but was thinking about drilling the roof for the cable - I suspect the sunroof mechanism will have something to say about this though... Just wondered what you we planning for yours or whether the cable across the roof is the finished article blah blah blah...

Cheers
Gav

Does look good.

Can I have first dibs on BW when you sell it for your 100 (200?) upgrade? ;)

Looks like a lip clip and you can see the wire running across the roof and in the drivers rear door Gav?

1.Not selling it.
2. Not finished CB set up. Had hand held for Lincomb connected to aerial. Needed to cobble a mag mount together that was all
3.Yes, sunroof. Works, no leaks
4. WHAT ABOUT THE WHEELS, EH? :dance:

Chris

1.  Yet...   ;) 2.  Whats the plan for the final setup?  Leave the wire across the roof or try to fit underneath...  3.  Cool - mine too but rarely use it...4.  Very smart - we do like black rims  :D

Black rims look stupendous regardless of the colour of the motor on top of them.

Cracking job Chris. :clap:

TBH Gav, CB set up is about job number 87 on a list of about 86. Haven't given it any thought. I have to get my rack on this week and then see if there is an obvious point. I won't be drilling holes in the shell though. It's just stuck on there for the moment. SWR is pretty poor so I need to fiddle about with it, but that's all for now. Incidentally, I open my sunroof every chance I get. I love them. Not often you get one now. Sunroof and AC are different 'things'. I want both.

Les, you're a cheeky monkey. :law-policeblue:

Chris

Back