Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check out these puppies!

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Thought that would make you look. Seriously though, wheels arrived back today after a VERY long saga. Pretty pleased with them. I reckon Judge Dredd would be happy with these!
Even the steel spare looks tidy. They have lacquered them too which I didn't ask for which makes them look very bling. I think that this will probably haze up after a bit.

coated.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• coated.jpg
    coated.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 104
hmmmmmmm :drool:

They do look nice...

What colour is that? Black or anthracite? I wanted to do mine recently and they offered the two colours in satin finish. I ended up thinking black wheels on a black car would be too much so opted to just refurb them silver.

Ooh, black on black, now that would have looked really stealth bomber!

I have done the caps in black too, but might line the T in blood red. Or maybe white?

C

I like that a lot. I want to get black steels, but maybe I should look at getting my alloys painted, hmmm....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Has anyone tried a DIY job, :scared-shocked: Hammerite or similar, what's the best? :confusion-confused:
Chas

Cossack said:
Has anyone tried a DIY job, :scared-shocked: Hammerite or similar, what's the best? :confusion-confused:
Chas

matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...
Comes up really nice...

Not to glossy and deffo not matt...
But really black...

that is what I will do to my bike again for now...

TobyJug said:
matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...Comes up really nice...Not to glossy and deffo not matt...But really black...that is what I will do to my bike again for now...
:cool: Thanks Toby, I'll give it a go when I get back from Croatia.
Chas

Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
matt-black hammerite and then T-cut the crap out of it...Comes up really nice...Not to glossy and deffo not matt...But really black...that is what I will do to my bike again for now...
:cool: Thanks Toby, I'll give it a go when I get back from Croatia.
Chas

no worries... I meant the rattle cans by the way not the brush on type.. :D

have a good trip by the way....

Cossack said:
Chas
I find the plastikote spray paint cans good and have done my wheels with satin black. It's not as hard wearing as powder coat and also I think the powder coaters shot blast and filler prime the wheels to help get the good finish which you'll have to do a lot of prep work to match doing it yourself. I started with wheels that had a good finish so very little prep work was needed. As they got scratched badly in France I'm glad I took the cheap option on this occasion.

Lookin' good - those "puppies" of yours... :D ;)

But what we really need is a pic of them on the car now! :cool:

Chris said:
Ooh, black on black, now that would have looked really stealth bomber!

I have done the caps in black too, but might line the T in blood red. Or maybe white?

C

Go for white to match the car..... and the fact I did mine red yesterday :naughty: :lol:

White wheel on a white car!!! I think not dear boy. That would be hideous. I'm trying to get it to look less like an ice cream van thank you very much.

Chris

Not white wheel, black wheel, black cap white Mexican hat.

White cars with white wheels is far too reminiscent of the XR3i Cabrio from the 80s :puke-right:

Gotcha Dave. White logo. Paint has just reacted with the lacquer so I shall have to start over. Arrgghh.

Chris

Are you using paint or cans? I used the acrylic grey primer (suitable for bumpers and other plastic items) in a can, gloss black (not sure of the make up but compatible in a can), Red enamel model paint for the hat and clear cellulose in a can to cover. All from Halfords except the model paint.

Exactly what I used. Several coats, no problem, then just sprayed again and in seconds parts of it just bubbled up. Looks terrible. Going to have to flat it all off and start again. Will I ever get this done. Just heard that rack isn't coming today after all.

Give me strength

C

Back