Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Checklist for viewing

Haha well whether it’s a genuine gem or not I found one. Only surface rust beneath from what I can see, so will get that treated as soon as possible. Couple of tidying up bits needed - the drivers door switch only works the driver window (all windows work with their individual buttons, but the passenger/back windows don’t move from the driver door buttons) and there is a split (visible) in the a/c pipe so need that replacing and then gassing.
Made it back from Glasgow in one piece so fingers crossed it’s a good one. Drives a bit different from my q5 that it’s replacing but much happier with this

thanks for the help and advice and I’m sure I’ll be annoying people with questions once I’ve got it in light and cleaned up

Great news , dont worry about the the door switch , thats because the batteries have been disconnected at some point , 1 minute fix , first go to the front passenger window and wind it down most or the way and then lift it back up and hold it there for 2-3 seconds then go to the passenger rear window and do the same then go do the same with the with the rear drivers side passenger window then go to your drivers window and all the windows should work from the drivers widow switch , good hey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great news , dont worry about the the door switch , thats because the batteries have been disconnected at some point , 1 minute fix , first go to the front passenger window and wind it down most or the way and then lift it back up and hold it there for 2-3 seconds then go to the passenger rear window and do the same then go do the same with the with the rear drivers side passenger window then go to your drivers window and all the windows should work from the drivers widow switch , good hey.

sorted the windows with your advice. Thanks again

Back