Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chequer plate panels for the boot??

pberrey

Country Flag
uk
I have just ordered from a local fabricator three plates of 2mm aluminium chequer plate to cover the lower tailgate and replace the plastic side panels in the boot.

As I want a five seat overland configuration this makes more sense for me and strengthens the loads area for carrying tools, spares, hi-lift jacks etc. I will also be able to mount things such as inverters or torches via Quickfist clamps etc directly onto the walls and have a stove cooking/boiling directly on the tailgate.

I might be able to fit them ahead of this weekend's Strata Florida trip if they arrive in time. I will endeavour to post photos on Monday.

Is this a potential group-buy?? It doesn't have to be chequer if you think it is the work of the devil as they can supply any steel or ally sheet.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that looks to be the worlds longest thread Chris. I've not be on the forum long and i tend to only follow the 80 series and Overland Build forums.

I made a start on my panels today. The tailgate was easy but the nearside panel took quite a bit of shaping and some bending even after making up a cardboard template. Both have had a coat of paint and will be fitted once they have had a second. The offside panel will have to wait until next weekend and I've run out of small cutting discs anyway.

Regards

Paul.

If you only follow the 80 series and overland threads you will miss out on a good deal of other relevant discussion.

Back