Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cherry Red 79

GSV

Country Flag
united_states
Hello.
I’m looking to restore my fathers fj40 1979.
It’s been sitting for about 15 years.
Trying to get it to move.
Did all the basic stuff that Jiff Lube would do and more. Currently installing the carburetor which i overhauled with a kit. The vacuum lines under the hood were either missing or in wrong locations. Just taking it step by step to at least get it into my garage and out of the desert heat. Very exciting.

my work experience is on large slow speed diesels, which I can crawl into.
so I find working on cars tedious and hand cramping. Most of my car experience is with Suzuki samurais including propane conversions.

I joined for information purposes, because it seems to be hard to even find a good manual.
Someday I hope to be an expert at the fj40 and can return some of the great knowledge this club can provide.

Welcome. Did you also join up on iH8mud.com which is the US home of the TLCA and full of info.

Reactions: GSV
Hi and welcome we love pics so come on let's have pics of your 40s.

Welcome, as above, let’s have some pics. There’s some good members on here with 40s though I’m not sure if they might all be diesel. Someone will no doubt help out. It can’t be that difficult, they don’t have computers on them!! :lol:

Some Pictures. Got it to drive around the neighborhood. Next step, build a garage to rebuild it.
IMG_6516.jpg
IMG_6515.jpg

I redid all the vacuum lines. And could not find where this particular connection is for. So I just plugged it, unless someone else has an idea. Goes into the intake manifold.
IMG_6513.jpg
IMG_6514.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello and welcome.

Nice SJ BTW - very under rated little 4x4 :) ...

Back