Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chris's Funeral

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Ok, so this is Claire posting. You won't be surprised to know that Chris left me instructions to contact you all in one of his many lists! :blush:

I have been able to see all the lovely comments posted following his death, he was indeed 'a force of nature' and 'mountain of a man' who will leave a massive hole in all of our lives. You know what he would say; make every second count and live life to the full, you only get one chance at it.

On that note, I have added details of his 'celebration of life' (funeral) below, It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. Strictly informal affair, no suits or funereal garb, just friends in their every day gear to celebrate a life cut short:
Friday 24 June 2022 at 1.30pm - Chesterfield Crematorium (post code S43 1AU)
Cars will be leaving our home at 1.00pm (S42 6LP)

Afterwards at the Black Swan in Ashover (post code S45 0AB) - a favourite watering hole in our youth with good beer..........

Let me know if you are able to make it so I know for numbers and It would be nice if we could arrange a Landcruiser drive past on the way to the Crematorium if anyone is up for it, you know he would love that.

Thanks for being his friends
Claire

Hi Claire,
It was lovely to see Chris's post come up!
Sadly, we'll be away on holiday then..... really disappointed, as love the idea of a cruiser drive by, because without Chris, the whole Landcruiser bit for me, wouldn't have been anywhere near as enjoyable, without his humour and input.
However, on that Friday, our thoughts will be in Chesterfield. Take care.
John & Julie

Last edited:
I got your text Claire, thankyou.

I’ll be there in my landcruiser, loaded up for catching the ferry to Ireland the following morning for a couple of weeks trip, think he’d have liked that!

think Sam will also come in his truck as he won’t be able to ride shot gun with me as I’m not now going back home to Eastbourne & he’s not on this trip.
So that’s 2 landcruisers for starters.

Andy

I'll be there. If james has cleared all his exams by then he will also join me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will be there and up for a Landcruiser drive by. Just trying to put down the list. I might come alone so if anyone from this side need a lift I can
1.Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj

Just a thought, if anyone is traveling a long way and needs a bed for the Friday night we have one spare double room if needed, ( as we're relatively local)

Thank you for letting us know. Sadly I don’t think I can make it but will see if I can take my FJ out so I have transport.

Please could you let us know if there is a donation to a charity etc

Sarah

We're going away Friday night but if anyone needs a stopover on Thursday night we're half an hour up the road in Sheffield.

1Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj
7 karl and the crew
8 Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting us know Claire. Hope your all ok under the circumstances.

I mentioned at the weekend about a poss camp after if people are up for it. A final send off in style I'd think. I'm not saying this is defo possible but something I could try and sort if people wanted to.

I'd be up for that Karl if it can be sorted.

Well I’m going to have to spend the night somewhere, but will need an early start on Saturday!

Unfortunately, vibrations sorted, I will already be in Ireland. @karl webster, would definitely be up for a camp if its after I get back.

Thanks for letting us know and condolences to you all.

I will be there but will have to be in a Hilux!
But in true club fashion will likely have some parts to drop off while over that way!! Sure Chris wouldn't mind that.

1Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav
5. Jon Wildsmith
6. Raj
7 karl and the crew
8 Gary820

1Andy
2.Sam
3. Jacob 100
4. Gav