Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Classic hare and hounds (desert race)

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
.... Not cruiser related but if you want a distraction from Politics and Xmas looming.. Reminds me of a wonderful misspent Youth.. If anyone owns the old 'On Any Sunday' Vids, You will love this....

Last edited:
I remember those tank slappers Higgy. Especially scary on tarmac! I rode a 650 cc twin BSA over a 3 ft drop in a sandpit and came off sideways. I was almost stationary at the time but the clutch lever went straight through the top of my leg at the groin. There was a bus stop nearby and I got on the next bus and staggered to the hospital. A+E not busy in those days. The day surgeon sewed the up with no anaesthetic with 2 nurses leaning on my chest to hold me still. Before the stitches he pushed a swab with alcohol straight through to get the sand out. Back home on the bus and I remember how effective aspirin was. After a good nights sleep I was back on the bike. Then I fell off again at age 17 and ruptured the cruciate ligament in my left knee together with tearing the cartilage and medial ligaments of the same knee. Those footballers sometimes aren't joking when they are writhing on the floor. You can spot the difference. No cure in those days except rest and learning to live with it for the rest of your life. Still bad lol.

Yeh! Iv been there Frank. Many a cut and a break. and a tear while enjoying my motocross bike... I had a feeling You'd like that Frank!... Im in the middle of watching a load of old Paris Dakar vids, And the legend that is Stephane PeterHansel...

Back