Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clonk - window- wonky.

Jack P

Country Flag
great_britain
Morning all,

When I opened the drivers side window this morning something went clonk, then it sounded like something fell to the bottom of the door. Now when I open the window it goes down wonky! It does seem to shut OK though. It's always made a bit of a clonk noise when winding it up and down. I'm guessing whatever it was has now fallen off.

Anyone else experienced this? Or know how to fix?

I'll take the door trim off and have a look when I get time.

Thanks.

There are 2 plastic brackets bonded onto the bottom of the glass which have a nut, this is to allow it to be bolted onto the bottom rail of the window mechanism.

The plastic can go brittle over time and one of those lugs can snap. Trying to open the windows in winter when they have frozen doesn't help as the motor adds strain to those lugs.

I tried bonding a replacement lug I got from eBay but even tiger seal wasn't able to hold it on for long, in the end I bit the bullet and got replacement glass from Toyota.

There are 2 plastic brackets bonded onto the bottom of the glass which have a nut, this is to allow it to be bolted onto the bottom rail of the window mechanism.

The plastic can go brittle over time and one of those lugs can snap. Trying to open the windows in winter when they have frozen doesn't help as the motor adds strain to those lugs.

I tried bonding a replacement lug I got from eBay but even tiger seal wasn't able to hold it on for long, in the end I bit the bullet and got replacement glass from Toyota.

Ah right, doesn't sound good then.

I'll try and have a look later.

Thanks for the info.

How much was the replacement glass?

Around £130 plus the VAT, fitting should take less than half an hour.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back