• Total voters

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Folks,

Since the merger of Land Cruiser Club and ELCO, we've been throwing some names around. Below is a list of some of the ones we've come up with and want to see which is the most favoured. The winner will be the name, used on all stickers, media etc.
Once we have the name sorted, we can then get a logo done. Walk / crawl an' all that ;)

Options are:
  • Land Cruiser Club[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • European Land Cruiser Owners' Club[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • ELCOC[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • ELCO[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • ELCO - The Land Cruiser Club[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • The Land Cruiser Club[/*:m:30vio7rh]
  • The Land Cruiser Owners Club[/*:m:30vio7rh]

Each person gets one vote, the poll will run until this time on Thursday.

Just want to raise one point guys, seeing as the list and forum are one club now it only seems fair if the guys that are only on the list have a say too. It does effect them too right? Either carry out a vote on the list as well or direct them to here.

Also maybe worth sending an email to every user on here to get as many votes as possible.

Placed my vote.

I think that it being a hidden pole means that your vote won't be infuenced by other and as such should be just that, your opinion... well that's how I see it anyway

Sorry just confused and lost in the silence, I thought the name ELCOC or ELCOc was the name of this new club? Now it it seems not so? :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
24Seven said:
Sorry just confused and lost in the silence, I thought the name ELCOC or ELCOc was the name of this new club? Now it it seems not so? :?

You're not alone in your confusion Matt :|

24Seven said:
:oops: It was one of the options from early on, not sure it was actually agree though.
It has gone round and round which is not why we try to finalise it, get a name and move forward with it. :cool:

Jon Wildsmith said:
24Seven said:

You're not alone in your confusion Matt :|

Maybe the grass is not always greener on the other side after all then :?

It's just finding its feet and I expect it will all settle down before long :) At least it is possible to have a debate about such things here ;)

A Club and a Forum can be two different entities, or maybe that's the norm.
Many clubs run a forum which is open not only for club members. Here it looks like the Forum = the Club.

The name will say something about the intended audience, or about the interests of the "owners" or "founders", or maybe of the members.
There could also be a kind of (moral?) responsibility when you add "European". Will we do anything to keep the European focus? (Some might say this would be a lack of focus)

I wish for a true European LC club or forum. Many countries (or markets) in Europe are quite small (like Norway). Often it is beneficial to reach out to a wider audience when you have a problem, or something to share. I often gain a lot from mud or lcool, but they have limitations. E.g on mud there isn't much about diesel; and in Oz they have different models, and a lot is about 105 or outback-related. A forum or club with a European scope would be very interesting when we have gained enough momentum.
ELCO is good if you want to include all Europe, while THE LandCruiser Club sounds like it is THE THING. Anyways, I will be happy whatever the baby is called. Could have been cruiserheads.com if it wasn't taken.

I like the fact that this has been opened up as a poll to all the forum members in that this way it's a inclusive decision. We have a choice of the above list, so let's all get voting and once we have a winning name this will be put to bed. As Jon said previously at least we can discuss this here and make a collective decision.

So role up role up... get voting :D

I've changed my mind about which name I would prefer, is it possible to change my vote?
Chas

Hi, dont want to upset anyone,as i imagine there has been many hours of debate, but short and to the point is good, how about,
European Landcruiser Club.
Will wait a day or two to vote.
Cheers,Tony.

Well, as some bloke wrote a few hundred years ago, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

We could try the 'Toyota Landcruisers Owners Club UK', but that would hardly reflect the wide-ranging membership of both ELCO and LCC. :D

I'd be inclined to go for 'European Land Cruiser Owners' Club', but then I'm not in Europe at the moment, and I'm sure there are a few participants who, for whatever reason, are between Cruisers temporarily but might be running Range Rovers or Pajeros or something similar, so how about the 'All Registered SUV Enthusiasts' club?

On the other hand, I might just vote and get my coat on the way out...

Voted.

There is only one option if we want to keep the European connection in the name, that is if you disregard ELCOC as it is open to a bit of ridicule.

I don't really mind what its called but ELCOC is not a good option - Hispanic male chicken??? No thanks!!! :lol:

Oh well vote over - European Land Cruiser Owners' Club is the winner.

Still don't understand why we need 'owners' in there. Are there many members who don't have a Land Cruiser? Can you join if you don't have one?

Well that's democracy for you, eh? ;)

Chris

Back