Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Club Prado - genuine article?

Miles0

Country Flag
great_britain

Seems exceptionally clean albeit a bit of an ask for a Colly. Anyone have the history? Only 20k miles in the last decade.

Thanks!

Whilst it is in great condition, one must want a Collie pretty bad to pay that much for one and keep it a good while. For that kind of money I'd want a VX D4D version or a good LC model.

I'm in the original prado club! 71 (8) series is where it began. There's a much higher spec to them compared to the basic low spec version we were graced with.

I once saw a caption.. Prado the poor mans land cruiser! Funny that it has a much higher trim specification than what was originally offered! Lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's got a landcruiserclub decal on the rear window! Sweet looking 90 though, very nice indeed. I think the TX Limited was a Japanese badge.

That looks exceptionally nice with a good MOT history, a little dear perhaps but loads of years left in it. The one I bought is mint underneath also with a good MOT history. I would have been ringing this one if I didn’t already have mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the condition of the chassis i'd have said it was a more recent import, far from it as the MOT history shows.
It hasn't seen much salt in its lifetime and/or the owner makes sure to hose any winter salt off asap, just shows the difference if you look after the undersides.

TX - Jap market import.

Doesnt have a locking rear diff, has a limited slip diff - this is actually an improvement in my opinion. Only downside is the lsd unit is meant to be replaced at 100,000miles, but on saying that I havent heard of anyone needing to actually replace one! The collie locking diff is notorious for seizing up if not used.

The kzte is ok, this one has a factory intercooler which def gives it more oomph.

Thats 5-10years of truck right there, so £6,250 isnt beyond reason, albeit I think its overpriced.

LSD still works on mine after 386,000km, how much I'm not sure but it isn't unusual to get some tyre squeal at 10+ km/h full lock situations, e.g. pulling out of car park, U turn at lights, etc.

Back