Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch Slip Travel Risk?

Yeah agreed. It's all about maintenance. These old toyotas seem to keep going with out any love. Hence when they do throw in the towel they cost to put right. I do like the old landys , infact thoughts of a swb series 3 with diahatsu 2.8 engine box and axles has been floating around my noggin for a while. Must talk to someone about it.......
I have no brand issues. I got respect for anyone prepared to keep the older stuff running. We regularly lane with a bunch of guys who run landrovers Mitsubishis,patrols,discoverys,troopers and others. All do perfectly well and get you out there and home (mostly)

My 200 tdi was comp prepared with air lockers in heavy duty differentials, the shafts and CV's all heavy duty from a place near Luton. Modded my LR by driving it over and fitting everything, much cheaper than having everything sent over to Spain. But leaks they drove me mad! I even had a head gasket leak leak oil down the side of the engine, never lost water, never lost compression but the head gasket failed enough to let oil out. I did persevere until I busted a should ligament and after it was reattached with micro surgery I was warned it could fail again if overloaded so I stopped the competitions and went for the more steady pace of exploration and camping out. The LC 80 over a 100,000 miles and 11...ish years in .........what leak?

Regards

Dave

New 80 would seem out by some considerable margin I reckon with only oil changes and a carport.

New 80 would see me out by some considerable margin I reckon, with only oil changes and a carport

Back