Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Code B1153... Help

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
I have an air bag light on that wont go away, the code is B1153 seat position sensor fault.. (drivers) ive been on google , and the other landcruiser sites and it seems a common fault, But which plug is it.. Its a rats nest of plugs /sockets and wires under the seat. always points to a broken wire... looks like the seat has to come out. Just wondered if any 120 owners have had this issue... any help.... Many thanks

Mr lomas, go give mr higgy some advice please, youve owned every type of cruiser. I'm not qualified to advise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mr lomas, go give mr higgy some advice please, youve owned every type of cruiser. I'm not qualified to advise.

I've not quite got to the "fault codes" yet Nick, I'm sure its done with mirrors and string.

I found the problem, typical broken wire on the seat position sensor. Seems to be the same wire, that is a common fault.( Googles words not mine) The fault code B1153 is the same on most Toyotas apparently. weather its a Yapiss or Lexus 470. the code is the same.. But its a seat out job to repair, But not a big job.. Il post up some pics, and description. Just in case anyone has the same problem.. Cheers:thumbup:

Another 2p and your time repair job Higgy , You and that truck are going to bond before your finished .

Here are a few pics of the elusive seat position sensor.. simple job, undo the 4 bolts (14mm) in each corner and tilt seat back..

DSCF9533.JPG

The sensor is on the left runner, Nearest hand brake. Sorry I left the male on the bench. so not in photo.
I just cut the two wires, put new connectors on, soldered the broken wire in the male.. Joined the connectors

DSCF9531.JPG

luckily the gps voice control unit stays on the floor when you tilt the seat back, Just be careful not to stretch the loom. (It cant be un plugged) Hoover up crisps crumbs and fag ends. bolt seat back down. Start her up, Air bag light gone. jobs a good 'un. The sensor is the only part that actually moves with the runner.. hence the cable flexing all the time..Hope this helps someone in the future..:thumbup:

DSCF9532.JPG

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of the elusive seat position sensor.. simple job, undo the 4 bolts (14mm) in each corner and tilt seat back..

View attachment 150530
The sensor is on the left runner, Nearest hand brake. Sorry I left the male on the bench. so not in photo.
I just cut the two wires, put new connectors on, soldered the broken wire in the male.. Joined the connectors

View attachment 150528
luckily the gps voice control unit stays on the floor when you tilt the seat back, Just be careful not to stretch the loom. (It cant be un plugged) Hoover up crisps crumbs and fag ends. bolt seat back down. Start her up, Air bag light gone. jobs a good 'un. The sensor is the only part that actually moves with the runner.. hence the cable flexing all the time..Hope this helps someone in the future..:thumbup:

View attachment 150529
Well done Higgy , good write up , I will bear that in mind if my airbag light comes on , lucky for me , me and my wife use the same seating position so we never move the seats back or forward .

Well done Higgy , good write up , I will bear that in mind if my airbag light comes on , lucky for me , me and my wife use the same seating position so we never move the seats back or forward .
Iv never moved the seat really. im the only one who drives it. It was about bang on when I first jumped in it.. But it is a common fault. So 'dunno'

I thought they were scratches on the bodywork , must have been reflections then .
Yes they are reflections of boats, masts. etc around the truck...But some do look like scratches... Paint work is basically unmarked..polishes up lovely if I could be bothered.. Thanks for pointing it out though Tony. Iv mentioned it in the sale listing...

Last edited:
Yes they are reflections of boats, masts. etc around the truck...But some do look like scratches... Paint work is basically unmarked..polishes up lovely if I could be bothered.. Thanks for pointing it out though Tony. Iv mentioned it in the sale listing...
Now that I know , I can see they are reflections , before you said I thought the corner bumpers had scrapes on , as it is common to see on offroad trucks that are used off road , Now any buyer will know its one shiny LC5 .

Back