Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado 3.0 KZJ95R starter motor replacement

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Can't find any specifics on the forum, but I bet there is somewhere, any tips on replacing the starter motor on my 90? Its looks pretty straight forward but is it all done from under the truck or do I take the air box out? Sure I read that somewhere?
I've got the right one as I took a look underneath and spoke to RoughTrax,
Cheers for any suggestions/tips :)

Hi - when I replaced the contacts in my starter, I removed it by lowering it downward but also had to remove the front left wheel and the thin wheel arch flap. So, it was a combination of working from the left side and from underneath.
I remember it being a bit of a fiddle with a combination of tilting the motor, rotating it etc to drop it down and, equally, to persuade it back in again.
Mine is an auto. If yours is manual you may need to remove the clutch slave - not 100% sure on that.
I did look at taking it out upwards but that looked more complicated - it may be possible though...?

Mines manual and I swapped it the same way without touching the slave that I recall

Cheers both, mine is an Auto so sounds fiddly either way, manual or auto. Hopefully I'll have some help so it may make it a bit easier.

It’s not difficult just awkward taking far longer than you might expect .

Back