Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado rear axle.

Gav missin

As per heading really. A relative has a 2000 w plate lwb Colorado manual with usual rusty axle. Said I'd ask here for him so if anyone has a decent one available at reasonable cost would be grateful. Thanks Gav.

In terms of new ones, Milner keep them in stock. Probably not much between one of those and second hand. You have no idea what diff ratio would be in a used one (if it was complete) and with a new one, you'd simply swap all the internals over without having to strip the recipient axle. Time is money.

In terms of new ones, Milner keep them in stock. Probably not much between one of those and second hand. You have no idea what diff ratio would be in a used one (if it was complete) and with a new one, you'd simply swap all the internals over without having to strip the recipient axle. Time is money.
O.k. didn't realise Milner sold them. Thanks Chris
Ok

It's a known problem but not all trucks suffer it Gav and with your sources i'm sure you could find a decent one at a good price . The ratio is shown on the front diff axle tube with a white sticker R16 or R17 is most common though there are others .

If it's a keeper and the axle has to come out anyway though a new case has got to be a worthwhile investment .

Tell him to drill out the drain holes on the replacement they have a lot to answer for

upload_2017-10-28_7-19-3.jpeg

Tell him to drill out the drain holes on the replacement they have a lot to answer for

View attachment 135825

View attachment 135825
Cheers Shayne. It's a decent enough truck but he won't lay out for a new one I do know. As tight as a ducks arse he is. If can't find a second hand one it's drop the axle and weld it up. Will drill out the drains then.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I went down the 2nd hand axle route, and it was as bad as the one I had, so got one repaired. Whilst it was being done I had all the mounting points on it strengthened

Back