Colorado Rear floor condition

Lancashire Cruiser

I am in uk
Mar 10, 2021
After removing the 3rd row seats from my Colorado I thought it a good idea to lift the carpet and have a look underneath. After having a few older Land Rover Discovery’s from the 90’s and seeing how awful (rotten) the rear boot floor is it was a revelation to find the floor in virtually as new condition. I don’t know if this is typical of Colorados of this era but if it is Land Rover had certainly much to learn.

diggerdave

Oct 5, 2014
From what I've read, Jimnys are prone to rotting rear floors too. I've never heard of Colorados suffering the same. Rear axle casings, sills, rear chassis? Now that's a different story :icon-cry: Nothing's immune from the brown death.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Lancashire Cruiser

I am in uk
Mar 10, 2021
The sills and chassis are in excellent condition, the rear axle is also got minimal rust hence I’m going to have it professionally rust proofed to prolong its life.

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
The boot floor on my Collie (1997) is like new when you take up the carpet and look from the top. :thumbup:

Looking from underneath the car, not so much! :p
My 81's floor at carpet level is peppered with rust holes from the underside and the floor isn't flat anymore. . so deciding (atm) on cutting the floor out and making a new sub floor out of 40mm x 40mm box with reused 70 series chassis body mounts welded and linked direct to the chassis so that the load area is transfered to the chassis directly from the load space instead of going through the original mounts...

I hope what I'm saying makes sense.. :thumbup:

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
It's a heavy hauler, when working on site it's full of heavy equipment! Working with new metal is much better than old steel covered with paint and underseal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks