Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado remote fob

goodoldboy

I'm looking for a remote alarm/central locking fob for my 95 .or any info on repair gratefully received

I sent both mine to a guy from Liverpool i found on ebay and i think i paid more for tracked delivery than i did to have the keys sent back in perfect working order , sadly he wasn't on there the last time i looked .

Changing the battery is easily done but the fella in Timpsons tells me not to leave the battery out too long as they might not have an infinite memory ?

I was having trouble again after a couple of years and decided i needed new rubber for the buttons but couldn't find any so i used a paper punch to cut out some plastic to reinforce the contacted area between button and board (the true button is on the board) . Milk bottle plastic or something similar will do and i stuck it in with silicone glue . My first attempt failed because i used too much glue .

Another time i had key problems turned out to be because i had bent the bracket that holds the security button under the bonnet and it took me a while to find the fault because it was intermittent .

I sent both mine to a guy from Liverpool i found on ebay and i think i paid more for tracked delivery than i did to have the keys sent back in perfect working order , sadly he wasn't on there the last time i looked .

Changing the battery is easily done but the fella in Timpsons tells me not to leave the battery out too long as they might not have an infinite memory ?

I was having trouble again after a couple of years and decided i needed new rubber for the buttons but couldn't find any so i used a paper punch to cut out some plastic to reinforce the contacted area between button and board (the true button is on the board) . Milk bottle plastic or something similar will do and i stuck it in with silicone glue . My first attempt failed because i used too much glue .

Another time i had key problems turned out to be because i had bent the bracket that holds the security button under the bonnet and it took me a while to find the fault because it was intermittent .
It would be a scouser fixing alarm fobs:) the battery is good but ill take a look at the buttons.the other fob works as it should so no other probs.

I might grab another spare whilst they're around

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have one from ebay forgotten until now because the guy at Timpsons couldn't do anything with it .

What were you asking him to do Shayne? Putting a battery in it isn't exactly rocket salad.
To add a new bipper you have to press the button on the box then both buttons on the bipper at the same time within 5 seconds

Yes press the buttons simultaneously if your bag is on the lower peg after Latin.but if you have P.E. before Latin...

Ive just ordered one of the fobs that Chris posted a link to but before i phoned my local Toyota main stealer.For some reason he couldn't find a parts reference for the fob but said a blank key was €70 !! a remote for a 120 was €250 Hostia ! as we say in Spain. now i need to search for the reprogramming thread.....

On the collie there should be a box in the dash usually
There's a reset button on it
You press that and it allows additional fobs to receive the code. They are in different places though depending on year
Mine was tie wrapped to the steel tubes in the dash behind the radio
In the 80 they're under the armrest console
They weren't fitted by Toyota at the factory
I have the original installation manual for mine and the handbook

Yes press the buttons simultaneously if your bag is on the lower peg after Latin.but if you have P.E. before Latin...

Its a while ago now but i'm sure i read them all and the hopping on one leg while barking was about the most useful .

On the collie there should be a box in the dash usually
There's a reset button on it
You press that and it allows additional fobs to receive the code.

I never read that one before Chris :thumbup:

I only got one fob with Lil Blue and got another off eBay all those years ago
Took me weeks to find the damn ecu box thingy

At least on the 80 it's easy to reach. Different box but same procedure

Now what I don't know is if you can use a slightly different Toyota fob with the same procedure and it still work

I've several keys with the built in buttons which I could use by simply removing the key blade

Back