Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coloradoless

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Well, after several months of half hearted effort so sell the V6 Collie it has finally gone to another owner.
IMG_1490.JPG

I was surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a reasonably priced Collie with the best underside I'd ever seen with only 78K miles and turbine smooth V6. Its gone all of 50 yards away to an already Collie owner whose 98 has run its last mile ( maybe not if you are a welder with patience).
I will miss the V6 aspect of it, there's a lot to be said for smooth and quiet power delivery.

Shame about that Andy.. Hope you got what you wanted for it.. Just think how much time and money you can spend on the 80 now:thumbup:. ...........:cry:

Seems like it’s probably gone to a good home. Shame it’s so local, I often think a clean break is best.

If I'd known Andy...
Isn’t it typical! You try and sell a car for ages and nobody wants it. Once it’s gone folks come from everywhere saying ‘oh I’d have had that off you’, it’s sods blooming law!! :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Surely it must be time to replenish the collection soon?

Last edited:
Isn’t it typical! You try and sell a car for ages and nobody wants it. Once it’s gone folks come from everywhere saying ‘oh I’d have had that off you’, it’s sods blooming law!! :lol:

That'll teach me for only reading the 90-series section (I assume Andy had advertised it elsewhere on the site).
0/10 for my browsing habits :sad-roulette:

That'll teach me for only reading the 90-series section (I assume Andy had advertised it elsewhere on the site).
0/10 for my browsing habits :sad-roulette:
The only way to look at it is it wasn’t meant to be DD…there will be another.

Well, after several months of half hearted effort so sell the V6 Collie it has finally gone to another owner.View attachment 152465

I was surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for a reasonably priced Collie with the best underside I'd ever seen with only 78K miles and turbine smooth V6. Its gone all of 50 yards away to an already Collie owner whose 98 has run its last mile ( maybe not if you are a welder with patience).
I will miss the V6 aspect of it, there's a lot to be said for smooth and quiet power delivery.
I have one that I'm thinking of selling looks exactly like that one. It's a shame but it just drinks too much. Does anyone know someone who might be interested. I'm in the Cheshire area.

Ah well, I already have mine to be going on with so I'm not exactly in the market for a replacement. But it was Andy's that turned my head due to its time-warp condition. I bet there aren't many 70,000 mile V6s around that drive as smooth as that one (no offence to the previous poster)

Ah well, I already have mine to be going on with so I'm not exactly in the market for a replacement. But it was Andy's that turned my head due to its time-warp condition. I bet there aren't many 70,000 mile V6s around that drive as smooth as that one (no offence to the previous poster)
Mines done a few more miles than that but the condition is surprising. If you know a website or something that's good to advertise a car like this could you post it for me. Thanks.

Well, I've had 2 Colorados now and enjoyed them both. The D4D was a hoot, it looked good was in great condition but ultimately was a bit unrefined and in my opinion I'd spoilt it with the up rated springs which allowed bigger tyres but a harsh ride.
The V6 was totally standard and a pleasure to drive.I've got the 80 back on the road so it didn't make sense to keep the Colorado so I passed it on. If I sell the 80 , the only reason is that it is a manual I could well be looking for a 4.0 V6 120 as I've been bitten by the petrol bug.
I got the asking price for the Colorado and maybe have doubts about whether I should have sold it but the buyer specifically wanted a good one as she'd had one for 13 years and it made more sense than a 120 at 2-3 times the price and no where the condition.
Colorado's still catch my eye though and I've seen quite a few nice ones in Cyprus in the last couple of days ( Prados mainly).

I have one that I'm thinking of selling looks exactly like that one. It's a shame but it just drinks too much. Does anyone know someone who might be interested. I'm in the Cheshire area.
Im glad my missus doesnt think like you..

Mines done a few more miles than that but the condition is surprising. If you know a website or something that's good to advertise a car like this could you post it for me. Thanks.
Why not post it in the classifieds on here? Post up some pics and a good description, show the underside aswell and link to it from another thread in the 90 section and from this thread and see what happens. Keep on bumping the thread if you get no takers straight off.

Back