Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

comfortable suspension

What did you have before and what's your experience of the difference Lorin?

Not really a fair comparison on this truck as I had OME shocks and springs before that were quite tired and the spring rate was too low for the load. However, compared to my old truck that I fitted new OME nitrocharger with OME springs the setup on this truck with 4” IM Foam Cell Pros and Tourflex 3” dual rate springs is considerably better. The shocks are noticeably better damped, softer in compression but not too soft, so small bump compression like corrugation is much better. In Russia, after hours of hard driving on very bumpy and/or corrugated tracks the shocks were only warm to the touch with no fade or change in performance. They also handled the big hits well.

bought some Fox shocks and springs to give a 2'' lift

gona fit them next week...

Not really a fair comparison on this truck as I had OME shocks and springs before that were quite tired and the spring rate was too low for the load. However, compared to my old truck that I fitted new OME nitrocharger with OME springs the setup on this truck with 4” IM Foam Cell Pros and Tourflex 3” dual rate springs is considerably better. The shocks are noticeably better damped, softer in compression but not too soft, so small bump compression like corrugation is much better. In Russia, after hours of hard driving on very bumpy and/or corrugated tracks the shocks were only warm to the touch with no fade or change in performance. They also handled the big hits well.

where were you in Russia mate?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
fitted the Fox 2'' shocks with OME 2'' springs today

wish i'd done this two years ago!

looks better,doesn't feel tippy at all or want to oversteer,inspires confidence and grips well
think i'll leave the 35'' tyres on
job done

how'd you get to and back from the 'Kola' trip?

cheers

how'd you get to and back from the 'Kola' trip?

cheers

I did this tour http://www.gekoexpeditions.com/?portfolio=arctic-tour-russie-norvege-finlande We drove from the UK, took the tunnel, drove up to Travemunde in Germany and then as per the tour.

Chris, Andy, Tom and Sam were there at the same time but did it as a group on their own - we actually crossed paths 3 or 4 times! Chris did a good thread on their trip https://www.landcruiserclub.net/com...murmansk-the-kola-peninsula-sept-2018.150675/

I think we all agreed it was a stunning place to visit and the off-roading was superb. Definitely one to visit I'd say.

Which OME springs did you pair with the fox shocks in the end? Also, what length shocks did you go for?

2'' Fox shocks
dont know what OME springs i fitted,the front were to suit steel bumper and winch
standard bumper on the back

not enough clearance for the 35'' tyres now,the front tyres have been bashing the wheel arches

just fitted 33'' Cooper STT Pros which looks like it might solve the problem...

not enough clearance for the 35'' tyres now,the front tyres have been bashing the wheel arches

just fitted 33'' Cooper STT Pros which looks like it might solve the problem...

I never liked the idea a spring spacers, but after 11 years in the truck and a fair bit of use/abuse, my OME 4" lift springs started to sag, more noticeably on the front, causing some occasional arch hits. So I had a go at a set of 30mm spring spacers, popped them all in and she's back as she was:thumbup:.

I've never had issues with OME stuff, but now at 13 years on the truck, I've had to replace the rear nitro shocks, due to a puncture in one of the cans leaking the oil out. :cry:

Don't think that's an OME issue, more likely a flying rock... I've noticed the replacement units have a hard rubber sleeve over the can, so maybe that offers more rock impact protection.

Back