Condensation in Headlights

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Well after Salisbury and an over-enthusiastic Polish guy with a steam cleaner I have some condensation in my headlights
I have planned to remove the lights rinse them, but what is the best way to dry them, oven for 20 minutes at gas mark 2? :lol:

BIG clean GREEN

Apr 6, 2010
South Normanton. Derbyshire
Garage
Wether it's true that it works I don't know, but I've heard of people wrapping silver kitchen foil over the fronts so the reflection burns the condensation off, but again not sure how long you'd need to leave the main beam on for !

Nick.

Jimbo4x4

I am in great_britain
Mar 2, 2010
Wirral, GB
Garage
I usually just leave them face down with the bulb out on top of a radiator until I need/can be bothered to go back out and refit them

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Tommo&Claire

Mar 4, 2010
Fareham, Hants
Garage
if you just unsecure the rubber water seals from the back of the lights and then run with the lights on for a few hours it dries them out completely.

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
I too have some serious condensation in mine. I took the bulbs out, left them out for a day in the bright sun (Image! Sun!) and it all appeared to be gone. No such joy. Droplets were gone but they came back.

Solution: Take some silica bags (the ones you get in pill bottles), thread a piece of cotton through it, push through the bulb hole and let it fall to the bottom. Put a paper clip on the other end of the cotton. Replace bulb. So far, heat from the bulb has not burnt the cotton. Silica "mopping" up all the excess condensation in there.

Ecky Thump

Mar 4, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Garage
Crispin said:
I too have some serious condensation in mine. I took the bulbs out, left them out for a day in the bright sun (Image! Sun!) and it all appeared to be gone. No such joy. Droplets were gone but they came back.

Solution: Take some silica bags (the ones you get in pill bottles), thread a piece of cotton through it, push through the bulb hole and let it fall to the bottom. Put a paper clip on the other end of the cotton. Replace bulb. So far, heat from the bulb has not burnt the cotton. Silica "mopping" up all the excess condensation in there.
What a cracking idea, of course I don't need to do it on a superior 80 but a good idea anyway :twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks