Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Condensation in Headlights

Julian

Well after Salisbury and an over-enthusiastic Polish guy with a steam cleaner I have some condensation in my headlights
I have planned to remove the lights rinse them, but what is the best way to dry them, oven for 20 minutes at gas mark 2? :lol:

Fan heater. Leave the bulb out and just put the heater in front of the glass. Or a hair drier.
Chris

Wether it's true that it works I don't know, but I've heard of people wrapping silver kitchen foil over the fronts so the reflection burns the condensation off, but again not sure how long you'd need to leave the main beam on for !

Nick.

I usually just leave them face down with the bulb out on top of a radiator until I need/can be bothered to go back out and refit them

if you just unsecure the rubber water seals from the back of the lights and then run with the lights on for a few hours it dries them out completely.

My spots had condensation recently so I just took them off, took the bulbs out and left them in the sun for an hour :D Fancy being able to do that in the UK this time of year :o

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I too have some serious condensation in mine. I took the bulbs out, left them out for a day in the bright sun (Image! Sun!) and it all appeared to be gone. No such joy. Droplets were gone but they came back.

Solution: Take some silica bags (the ones you get in pill bottles), thread a piece of cotton through it, push through the bulb hole and let it fall to the bottom. Put a paper clip on the other end of the cotton. Replace bulb. So far, heat from the bulb has not burnt the cotton. Silica "mopping" up all the excess condensation in there.

Crispin said:
I too have some serious condensation in mine. I took the bulbs out, left them out for a day in the bright sun (Image! Sun!) and it all appeared to be gone. No such joy. Droplets were gone but they came back.

Solution: Take some silica bags (the ones you get in pill bottles), thread a piece of cotton through it, push through the bulb hole and let it fall to the bottom. Put a paper clip on the other end of the cotton. Replace bulb. So far, heat from the bulb has not burnt the cotton. Silica "mopping" up all the excess condensation in there.

What a cracking idea, of course I don't need to do it on a superior 80 but a good idea anyway :twisted:

Back