Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Confirm which Lug nuts I need please

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

I have recently picked up a new set of tyres and steel wheels for my 80 series. Now I know I need to use different lug nuts on the steel wheel to what is used on the standard alloys. I know the size is M12 x 1.5.

What I am unsure of is the type of nut I need to buy, I am thinking tapered is correct. Can any of you please confirm this or point me in the right direction. Any links to the right nut would help too.

Thanks
Ryan

These are the wheels, I know how much we all live a pic [emoji41]

39d14b908ac72fea5227f1ed02875e66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Ryan, tapered or otherwise referred to as chamfered.

As the steel rim is quite thin compared with alloys, I would imagine the wheelnuts that you need will be longer than those for the alloys.

I have steels on my 80, but I've never seen alloys close-up, so Im only guessing.

When my wife gets home, I'll pop out to take a photo of mine and measure them to give you a better idea. Have to wait a bit 'cos I can't leave Ana on her own...

Wait a moment, tell me if this photo is of any use...

image.jpg

You can see that they're quite long, I'd guess 35-40mm.

Last edited:
Ryan's promised them to me.

He doesn't know it yet, mind :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
At this rate I won't have to put them on the bay!

Realistically I won't be selling the old ones until I am back from SA. Heading out in Thursday and back on the 17th.

Was the pic any use Ryan, or do you need some measurements?

The pic was very usefull to me Clive! It highlighted to me that you shouldn't be parking on the pavement!:eusa-naughty::think::lol:

It's the law here Iwan! Not allowed to park on the road, seriously!

Its not an offence to park on the footway, as long as someone can squeeze past on foot :lol:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bad iPhone photos, but you see what I mean, as far as the eye can see, in both directions.

Last edited:
Hey Clive,

The pic was good thanks. I have an idea of what to order. Any suggestions of where to order from? Or is Ebay as a good a place as any?

Good idea Clive.

The ones that fit on the steel Gs wheels are same to the normal early 12 v studs ryan. I'd have a SET i could sell.

Interesting info there Clive. . It goes to show the differences between country to country. Also good info for the guys coming over to see you later this year!:thumbup:

I am also very keen for the look of your new wheels you have here Ryan.. thinking that it s just what I need!!

Ryan, make sure you do them up real tight. I have found that steels actually flex much more than alloys and genuinely, I can tell on mine if they are not dogged up. It drives like it's on ice. The contact area of the nut is quite small compared to when it sits in the bevelled lug well on the alloys

Back