Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Conti Cross Contact AT 265/65 x 17 at less than £100.

Juddian

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain

Just having a poke nose and down among the Chinese tyres pricing we find these Contis, OK they'll be nearly £100 by the time you've added postage but that seems really cheap for quality brand rubber.
never used them meself (Contis have always been over what i was prepared to pay), but might be of interest to some others here needing new rubber who don't need military tough BFG's.

That's a good price :thumbup:

The tyre choice does seem a lot narrower these days on Camskill and Tyreleader etc.

Also note that these are rated at 75dB, which is pretty noisy - louder than some full AT/MT tyres even. Then again, I'm not sure how much you can trust those "ratings".

Yes i saw that noise rating too, mind you the tread pattern looks pretty aggressive so possibly are loud, according to the specs they come with 9.9mm new tread which is better than some alternatives and may account for some of the noise.

As for ratings, my few excursions and experiments on Chinese tyres haven't exactly been inspiring on the whole, found them unpredictable in the wet especially after a year or so fitted (no visible wear), yet in many cases they have marvellous wet grip ratings for tyres around half the price of good makes that can't get near the scores, i'm more inclined to believe the self submitted ratings from well known long established makers than the others, you don't normally get A/B/C rated wet grip and B/C rated fuel economy on the same premium tyres yet some of the cheap makes apparently manage to do it all...this becomes more apparent when choosing car tyres.

Back