Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cordless Angle Grinder.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
As it happens I'm in the mood for buying a cordless angle grinder ( 4 1/2 inch discs) and was looking to the forum for any experiences of such a tool. I'n guessing they are all made in China but I'm sure some are better than others.
Opinions and experiences sought.

Andy

Hi Andy I'm sure there's a lot of videos or reviews on YouTube. That would be a good start if you haven't done so already.

Anyone here certainly can help too.

I have an 18v Makita Andy - I like it & it works well.

I prefer it to the De Walt version some of our lads have at work; the balance is better for me.

Cheers

Milwaukee all the way
Love mine.

Buy cheap buy twice

I own a Milwaukee too, and I'm really happy with it. I switched to cordless recently and I'm really satisfied with both power and battery life. Mine is an M18 series, 5Ah battery. One could opt for the more powerful M28 series, but I didn't miss a job so far (grinding after welding, removing rust, small cuts), maybe the M28 could be useful for more challenging tasks.

A neighbour has a De-Walt cordless that seems to work well but for quality I'd go Milwaukee as well.

I recently bought a Milwaukee 18V 5AH Rattle Gun that is reputed to produce 1,460 Nm of break-out torque. Its nicely made and certainly shifts crankshaft pulley bolts :icon-wink:.

Hunt around for the best price though as they're not cheap.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any of the above, or Panasonic, or Hitachi.
Most important is what brand you have of other machines. It's a great benefit to have the same battery and charger for all the tools. I have 5 tools, 5 (or is it 6) batteries and 3 chargers. That translates into non-stop grinding or sawing.

Another Milwaukee guy here. With doing a lot of building again my stuff gets a fair bit of hammer.

Mmmmmmn, food for thought. If Ingersoll Rand made one I'd not hesitate but they dont. My 240v Hitachi angle grinder has given me years of good service but I've heard good things of Milwaukee from guys on here and other places. Its more of a hobby tool for me wheras the IR impact gun gets a lot of use at work.
At the mo then its a comparison between Milwaukee and Hitachi which I will be researching.

Many thanks for your input guys, most helpful.

Very good warranty on the Milwaukee. I've registered all of mine on line including the batteries. Only thing you can't list is the chargers. Lots of different Ah batteries available and the more Ah, the more grunt you get from them. Very popular on e-bay so always easy to get spares and such.

+1 on the Milwaukee range. Very well made and robust to a professional level IMO.
As an interesting piece of trivia (or not) on Milwaukee tools, I watched an episode of the original Mission Impossible series recently from the late 60's and they were using what appeared to be a Milwaukee power drill on one of their missions. If they're good enough for the IMF they're good enough for me!:thumbup:

German made Metabo for me, comes with three year guarantee for grinder, battery and charger. Biggest battery is 5.2ah 18v.

Same for Milwaukee but they do a 9 Ah battery

Back