Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Corroded fuel pipe

Oli.g

Country Flag
england
Anyone had to replace fuel lines due to pin holes? Mines rusted around the rear passenger door, can I cut the bad bit out and jubilee clip some rubber hose on to the metal fuel line? Will it stay on or could the pressure blow it off? Or go a garage an see if they can make a metal one?

thanks

Do you mean the metal fuel filler pipe which runs to the tank in the N/S/R wing? If so the diesel one is a available from Roughtrax for £95 and would be much easier to replace rather than trying to patch a rotten one. Mine is petrol so I had to get a replacement from Amayama which cost more (I also replaced all the rubber connectors and clips). With hindsight I could have used the diesel one, it would just mean I had the larger hole in the filler neck. I have all the part numbers if you need them.

I'd be tempted to just cut it back and replace it with rubber or silicone fuel pipe. Pipe flaring tools to dress the pipe ends to prevent blow offs are quite cheap. If you have a garage do it they're probably going to join it anyway unless they make a complete pipe which will obviously be more expensive. Also check if the pipe is available from Toyota/Amayama and the price if they are.

Edit
If you mean the filler pipe then, as said, they are available. I replaced mine and opted for cutting and joining the new one with rubber pipe instead of lifting the body off the chassis slightly. This was on a 80 series.

I replaced mine with copper microbore heating pipe - but plastic would be better.

My '100-series' has plastic pipes as standard, a much better solution. I guess Toyota learn from their mistakes as the cars evolve.

DSCN3237.JPG

DSCN3253.JPG

DSCN3254.JPG

DSCN3258.JPG

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks guys will try sort it myself then, did you use a pipe flare on yours big or just hose clamp it to your new pipe?

Thanks guys will try sort it myself then, did you use a pipe flare on yours big or just hose clamp it to your new pipe?

Me ? I used solder capillary connections and hose clamps on straight pipe - the diesel pump is at the engine so its a suction pipe - no pressure in there (just a hint of pressure in the Spill Return).

Bob.

Back