Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Count Atlanta, GA USA in

ULC+ULR

Country Flag
united_states
Hi All

David here from Urban Land Cruisers in Atlanta, GA. I am a bit of a fanatic to say the least! I am excited to find a new forum that seems to have a "nice" feeling to it! I am in the UK quite often dealing with our Land Rover business and it is great to see so many Land Cruiser folks out and about on here.

I hope to soon be a registered vendor and be able to offer parts and supplies to the UK.

David

Welcome, welcome. Did I hear you say PARTS?

Now that would be interesting. Just checked your website and my wallet it twitching already. When's the first container leaving!!!!

I echo what Chris said, :text-welcomewave: welcome to our forum David, more parts, more parts, we like parts.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. We have LOTS of parts! We ship weekly from the UK to the US all Defender junk (I know, don't get me started. I can talk for hours about US Defender owners) and now my shipper can offer me a weekly return service at a great rate. This will all be sea freight so we are not talking super fast but I hope it will be cheap enough to get us into the market.

I sent a message to the forum moderator asking for info on how to become a vendor. Until we set that up "officially" I don't want to get into actually selling stuff so as to not step on any toes.

I am very interested in getting a feel for what parts are wanted in the UK.

Thanks for the warm welcome

It's not just parts although things like axle rebuild kits are popular with 80 owners. It's things like Nitro diffs and suspension components as well as equipment like roof racks and so on. In the UK we have two main enemies. Price and availability. At times there are things we just can't get. Other times we can but the price if prohibitive. Availability sometimes is in the form of simply not shipping to the UK OR astronomical postage. Things like CVs can be off the chart wrt postage. Then there is the whole import duty side of things too which often kills a deal.

I do like the idea of you taking all that old scrap out of the country though. Good work.

Hello David and welcome ... I can only echo the sentiments of Chris and Chas.

Subscribed reading and waiting with interest!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am a dealer for Nitro :)

We will be VAT registered eventually but until that time I will absorb the VAT into the price. HMRC is pretty cheap on duty % for used parts but new stuff seems to float between 2% and 10% depending on the item. Of course the 20% VAT is painful! And BTW...this paying a tax on a tax is a bit much for me...didn't we have a war about this same issue once?

Shipping from the US to the UK is generally a nightmare! The shipping companies on this end have an extreme mark up. I air freight transmissions from Staffordshire to the US all the time. If I book the shipment in the US using my US account I will pay around £550 to get the freight here. If I purchase the shipping in the UK through my UK account I get it for £170. WTF? I can't seem to buy air freight from the US to the UK on my UK account so that is why we are back to sea freight.

I have been watching the prices for quite a while on Cruiser Parts in the UK. I am amazed that parts that ship from AU to UK are so cheap!

Chris I thought you where high up on the pecking order around here. Quick get this man setup so we can make the most whilst the offer stands.

As mentioned above I wait patiently for you to get setup so we can place orders.

Best of luck I hope the idea takes off.

Nope, beyond my meagre super powers that one. I can really just edit what is on screen and generally pi55 folk off when I feel like it. But membership stuff, ooo nooo nooo that be witchcraft.

Could be really useful relationship. Maybe if my Longfields ever fail, I can send them back with you! I'm not posting them that's for sure.

Some stuff here is cheap and easily available. We can even get OEM parts cheaper than the dealers sell them at times. Then other parts are just like HOW MUCH??? Just costed up a bush today. £55.00 yep for a BUSH, wtf? And I need 4!

Aaah haa, just twigged where you are getting ex MOD Landies from. Not that far from me, over the border.

I fancy one of those Sno-Cat things. All plastic with the 2.5 V6 petrol engine.

Burton on Trent.....very nice spot. The wife and I plan to set up life full time there within 2 years or so. I plan to call my abode Fatman on Couch.

Soon as I get a thumbs up..........

Oh I know where it is
I go past it on the A38 regularly
I'm just the other side of Derby

So.....I am waiting to become official....anyone have any idea how to expedite this?

I think you need to get in touch with Crispin?

Thanks all! I am official a registered member and will start posting in vendor section this week.

Back