Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Crazy attempt at a river crossing.................................

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
Even I wouldnt have attempted this. :shock:

The current looks far too fast. :icon-confused:

I thinks its also down to the poor driving. :think:

Seemed to be braking for a little while when trying to cross. :?

The other thing he didnt do, which all the books tell you to do. Is open the doors if you start floating, which allows water to fill the cab and should hopefully give you more traction. :icon-wink:

He should have opened the doors before he started floating. Its impossible to open the upstream door when there is that much water pressure. Of course Land Rover designed the poor panel fit in to their products to remove that need.....

Who's a silly boy then.... how embarrassing! He was lucky not to have been bowled over by that current.

Thank goodness for the guys that worked into the night to rescue him, they deserve a medal. Very nice recovery.

Driving isnt the issue, its not being able to read the conditions - you can clearly see in the video that the water is fastest in the middle and that the riverbed changes characteristics - you can see it really clearly when the jcb is backing into the river later in the vid.

I think there is an art / skill to crossing flowing water, and he doesnt seem to possess it....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
drive with the flow, not try and fight into it ...
silly move either way.

drive with the flow, not try and fight into it ...
silly move either way.
It looked like he was driving with the flow until he got washed away, then there was little he could do once he had lost traction. :think: but still stupid to have attempted it in the first place. :eusa-naughty:

I think it's utterly irresponsible to post such video clips on a public forum encouraging hooligans to expose themselves to danger and polute our rivers and tread on our grass. You should all be ashamed of yourselves...:shock::whistle:

I hope your having a pop at the boy driving hear and not the chap that started this thread!

I think it's utterly irresponsible to post such video clips on a public forum encouraging hooligans to expose themselves to danger and polute our rivers and tread on our grass. You should all be ashamed of yourselves...:shock::whistle:

Martin, I take it you havnt seen my build thread in the past 24 hours? :icon-wink:

Clive was having a joke in his post above. :lol:

As it happens i have just spend the last hour reading through what had been said on your build Thread, the Hole time looking forward to giving that Fool a peace of my mind, but dispassionately its now back on track for a good Build thread. But wile we are on the subject i disagree with every word that Mike has said.
To be honest His "bully type" Key board warrior opinions is the one reason i tend to loose interest with car Forum's.

Martin, I take it you havnt seen my build thread in the past 24 hours? :icon-wink:

Sorry Clive, i read your comments before being able to get the Joke. Good to hear your on Ben's side also.

:thumbup:

Fortunately disagreements like that dont happen too often. :icon-cool:

It does almost always seem to be about laning though. :x

humm, it looked like his front caught the current and headed downstream. it seemed like he tried to turn upstream to get back to the exit.
my bad.

I think we all could see it was a tongue in cheek, and it was Clive having a laugh at what Ben mentions about previous 24 / 48 hours.

Any way, that's in the past probably now, it's not like he went out to have a roll over, and loosen a few trees, and I think he did remarkably well with the rest of them getting the 70 back home.

Gra.
Well done Ben !

Well, I just couldn't resist!

I was so angry with the YD for such a yellow bellied approach to life. I was still buzzing when I read the river crossing thread and felt it a good opportunity to take the p a little.

Sorry if anyone took me seriously!

Hey Gra,

I like your new avatar by-the-way! You're a lucky guy and it's obvious why you're living in China. (Work indeed, don't believe a word of it!)

Back