Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise control in manual mode on auto 200 series sahara.

GRAEMEC

Country Flag
australia
Does 200 series sahara have a manual mode in auto,if so does cruise control work in manual mode?

I don't specifically know about a Sahara but in a 2012 UK version, the answer is yes

You can move the gear selector from D to S and then manually select the highest gear you want to be in. In this mode the cruise control still works. I use it for towing where it suggests you should put it in S and only use up to 5th gear.

Have just bought a new 300 series and it doesnt have cruise in manual mode,only auto mode.When towing transmission constantly changes gears and revs the motor unnecessarily.I contacted Toyota Australia about this deficiency and was told to put up with it,thats how it is.Surely Toyota could modify this to include cruise in manual mode because it will save them warranty work on convertor and transmission over time.Thank you for your reply about 200 series. Graeme Cowley.

There seems to be a fair bit of negative discussion about the willingness of the gearbox to change down when faced with the slightest incline. There are a number of 'solutions' that I think lock the gearbox in the higher ratio's. I don't tow sufficiently to warrant looking into it and in my daily driving I seem to be learning to drive round it - it is annoying though.

Welcome to the forum. The 200 is quite a rare beast in the UK and the 300 isn't destined for these shores so whilst this is a worldwide forum, there are probably other internet resources that will see more 200 and 300 related traffic.

If a mod reads this, would it be worth expanding the title of the forum to include 200 / 300 Series?

There seems to be a fair bit of negative discussion about the willingness of the gearbox to change down when faced with the slightest incline. There are a number of 'solutions' that I think lock the gearbox in the higher ratio's. I don't tow sufficiently to warrant looking into it and in my daily driving I seem to be learning to drive round it - it is annoying though.

Welcome to the forum. The 200 is quite a rare beast in the UK and the 300 isn't destined for these shores so whilst this is a worldwide forum, there are probably other internet resources that will see more 200 and 300 related traffic.

If a mod reads this, would it be worth expanding the title of the forum to include 200 / 300 Series?
Guyc, I have done the Geelong gearbox and engine mods. This helps a lot. Previously had to send your ECU to Australia but after extensive talks with Geelong, I am now able to apply their maps in the UK. If anyone is interested please look at

essentially Geelong send me files that I can install for you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back