Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise Control

felix2566

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I don't have cruise fitted to my manual 12v, is it possible to retrofit? Or is it only an option on Autos? Are any of the looms already integrated into the standard fit wiring. If it was just components to be added what parts do I need?

Cruise motor/actuator
Some sort of ECU?
Cruise stalk

Thanks for you feedback

You will have to go digging about... But i would assume the necessary plugs and wirers should be there...... I have a 24v Manual with cruise control.. There are some threads on here somewhere regarding retro fit cruise control... But you'll have to go digging for them as well

You would have to find a 12V grey import that is being broken as some had CC. I've never seen a UK spec 12V with factory fitted. The alternative is an aftermarket kit.
As a first port of call I'd try some Australian sites and see what comes of that. I'd be surprised if there was any factory wiring but you never know.

I had a 12v auto with aftermarket cruise fitted to it. it didn't use any of the original parts anywhere. It was completely stand alone. Now Olazz on here has a 12 manual (in that gold colour) with a UK after-market Cruise fitted and he had fantastic service from them. I'll see if he's available for comment @Olazz

I have a mechanical CC on my 78 aftermarket using nothing from Toyota, but the guy who made it retired a couple of years ago. This guy was from Rugby and did a lot of CC on motorhomes

Thanks for the input everyone. Plenty for me to be getting on with!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Dave, great to hear, have stumbled upon their site while looking for aftermarket kits

Yep also got mine from Conrad Anderson..Indeed great service from them. After 2 months of driving some horrendous roads in Africa, mine stopped working in the middle of the Congo delta. It was out of warranty, but I called them on my Sat phone $$$$$$$ and they immediately said put phone down we will call you back with a fix. True to their word about 20 minutes later, they called me back and talked me through the fix, (22 mins call ) all at their cost.

Brilliant service.

Chris then also "fixed it" for me on a trip to Bad Kissingen when he explained the brake lights need to be working in order for the cruise to operate. As I have 2 sets, OEM and ones in the aftermarket bumper, I'd never realised the OEM bulbs were blown ergo the cruise didn't work. We put in new bulbs and presto !

Thanks so much, this gives me good confidence in their products and service.

Did you have it professionally fitted or do it yourself?

Thanks Olazz, I'll see about getting booked in when I'm home again.

Back