Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise Control

stinkyoldpete2

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,

I have a problem with my 93'FZJ80 Crusie control. It stopped working some time ago and I want to get it going again.

The CC indicator light on the dash doesnt light up at all anymore ( so i cant enter the ECU dignostic mode) and nothing I do, engages the CC.
Ive done the obvious and checked all relavant fuses ( 4 according to manual)....all are ok ...Im now digging deeper and looking at switches and components .

I have read a number of troubelshooting articles , and one of the most likley culprit at this statge could be the CC actuator, "usually" located on the driver side ( Aust ) gaurd.

Curiously ...my actuator looks NOTHING like the images in the manual ( Gregories ...not a genuine FSM) or online.
The acuator i have has no markings or labels of any kind . I am reluctant to start tearing it down unless i know what I'm dealing with.

I've attached a couple of pics ...

unnamed.jpg

Image (3).jpeg

Questions:
  • Has anyone seen one of these actuators?
  • Note the control stalk. It doesnt appear to be standard either . Does this look familiar to anyone?
  • Could I be dealing with after market components ? ( dont understand why )
  • The crusier has been fitted out to run on LPG. Is it possible that this could require alternate CC componets ?
Any advice / help / opinions would be greatly appreciated .

Regards
Stinky

Its aftermarket with a vacuum actuator. I had something similar years ago called Gold Cruise, or something.

Back