Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruiser in the snow.

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
68E3E1C9-CE76-4BC4-8FE4-405B0C3DF88C.jpeg
Visiting my mum in hospital today. Judging from the car park not many patients are getting visitors.

Sorry to hear your mum is in hospital, trust it's not to serious, and unless I am mistaken you have BFG Ko's on your cruiser, given the recent interest in another thread on this forum how did you find it in the snow?

Thanks for asking after my mum. She is doing better now although will be in hospital for a good while.

The BFG Ko's are excellent. They really do inspire confidence in these conditions. Dry and wet road manners are also first class. These aren't my first All- Terrians so I knew what to expect. They really are marvellous tyres. A wee postscript to my journey to the hospital was that on the way there a woman in a small Citroen skidded on the ice into the back of me. She hit the Cruiser square on the tow ball. There was not a scratch on the Cruiser but the front of the Citroen crumpled before our eyes. The lesson of the tale is if you are going to ram the back of a Cruiser with tow ball fitted don't do it in a small European hatchback!

had the same happen to me a few years ago, ...honda civics go v shaped :).

had the same happen to me a few years ago, ...honda civics go v shaped :).
Same here, it was a lovely old Sunbeam Rapier, such a shame tow ball straight through the radiator.

Same here, it was a lovely old Sunbeam Rapier, such a shame tow ball straight through the radiator.
Oughta be a law against that, with a Rapier I mean.
Did they get it back into shape?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oughta be a law against that, with a Rapier I mean.
Did they get it back into shape?
I don't know what happened to it later, the driver just said sorry for the damage to my rear end (none) but he was obviously upset and I would like to think he repaired it, the rest of the car was in good condition. The damage wasn't that severe, the radiator was pissing water but the front end was certainly repairable.

While carefully reversing the LC while in Scotland last year I managed to put my tow ball through a plastic grille/trim on this VW :oops:. He'd parked right up close, so close that I didn't see him with a quick glance, just heard the splinter of plastic. My fault entirely, I've no argument with that. No other damage, just a clip in plastic grille section, the rad was 8-9" behind this so well out of harms way. £100 would cover it easily, or so I thought but what did piss me off was the repair cost of £1400:rage::rage: Turns out it was a hire car from a Co. who do their own repairs. My insurance did warn me that that they would probably milk it for as much as they could get, claiming for loss of use etc..etc. Strangely enough the same Co. was under investigation earlier this year by Trading standards and the serious fraud office for overcharging customers for damage.

PA180081.jpg

While carefully reversing the LC while in Scotland last year I managed to put my tow ball through a plastic grille/trim on this VW :oops:. He'd parked right up close, so close that I didn't see him with a quick glance, just heard the splinter of plastic. My fault entirely, I've no argument with that. No other damage, just a clip in plastic grille section, the rad was 8-9" behind this so well out of harms way. £100 would cover it easily, or so I thought but what did piss me off was the repair cost of £1400:rage::rage: Turns out it was a hire car from a Co. who do their own repairs. My insurance did warn me that that they would probably milk it for as much as they could get, claiming for loss of use etc..etc. Strangely enough the same Co. was under investigation earlier this year by Trading standards and the serious fraud office for overcharging customers for damage.

View attachment 137986
I was in an identical situation, I was parking in a tight gap and was seen by the owner of the car behind me he came storming out of the shop he was in saying "You hit my car" I couldn't see any damage, there was a 'mark' on his bumper which I literally rubbed off with my thumb, he insisted on details being exchanged, resulting insurance claim? £800. :angry-screaming:

Back