Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cry the Beloved Country

Not being from SA nor understanding the criminal mind, is this a case of real desperation, organised crime, mindless violence opportunism or what?

Terrible for the victim and families, But unfortunately not sensitive viewing anymore in this Fucked up World... Interesting read in the comments and views below. A lot of folk had enough of the soft stance the SA government has on this kind of thing.

Not being from SA nor understanding the criminal mind, is this a case of real desperation, organised crime, mindless violence opportunism or what?

Most likely it is just opportunistic crime, soft target as in single female occupant, car will most likely be used commit more crimes and will then be found burnt out somewhere.

Don’t know any figures but a very similar situation to the US in gun related crime I expect. Much as the gun ownership laws are blamed for the high gun crime figures in the States and possibly in SA too, if I lived in either country I would want to get a licence and carry a sidearm.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The situation is only going to get worse...
There are currently three proposals on how to amend Section 25 of the Constitution to allow expropriation of land without compensation - two from Parliament's legal unit and one from the EFF.

This has been debated an all but agreed.... and it will become law, giving local municipalities and not the courts, the power to decide if they give compensation or not and to whom.

They chant Robert Mugabe's legacy and will repeat it.

What a crying shame for SA

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don’t know any figures but a very similar situation to the US in gun related crime I expect. Much as the gun ownership laws are blamed for the high gun crime figures in the States and possibly in SA too, if I lived in either country I would want to get a licence and carry a sidearm.

It's worse.

If your job is keeping people away from things, for whatever reason - in the US you need to assume whoever is going to come knocking will be armed. So you equip up accordingly. And so does the visitor since they know you know they are not going to knock empty handed.

It's a viscous circle.

This is before you start looking at barriers for crime deterrent.

Could not think of an appropriate place to put this, so if an admin could put it somewhere appropriate I would appreciate it, thanks.

Some terrible news from South Africa, video not for the sensitive, sadly not going to make it into mainstream media I think.

https://newslitesa.com/video/watch-...fzucvBaK_54WK2IyyyFak9GizaqOZL_firCCidLtIALTY
It won’t make mainstream media because this is actually very common in South Africa, ask any South African why they left!
When I was there for work I was watching telly in my hotel, at about 5 in the evening. It was a Quentin Tarantino film with the full uncensored gore, but they had blanked out all the swearing. Go figure!?:doh:

they have a real cultural problem in both these countries. Other countries have high levels of gun ownership without these countries crime rates.
The problem is how to solve it. As you say, if I lived there I would want to be armed simply because you know that the person attacking you will be. I don’t feel that need in any other country.
They’ve created a monster.

Back