Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cupholder

KZJ90

Like americans have voted, the cup holders are the one of the most important equipment of the car.

And so am I always wondered where to put a cup or mug or a bottle while driving. Original places at front of the center box are very difficult to use, so I have to figure something else. I found a pic of Land Rover cupholders, they looked nice and they might fit. So I ordered Land Rover Genuine Parts Discovery Dark Smokestone Cupholder Set (STC53156LPW).
DSC00071.jpg
I don´t like Land Rovers, but... :oops: bought them because there is no Land Rover marks printed.

First I tried to install it to the center consol side (because of the shape), next to gear shift, but it would been too far and the dash started to take room of the direct line above the holder. Luckily I found better place for it, couldn´t be better. :thumbup:
I have to mold a little the area under the cup holder by a heat air blower, about 1 cm deeper, now it´s quite close to horizontal. I whittled the screw place off (the lowest point) that it sits to center tray´s pivot (I don´t know the right word). The cup holder (the bottom part) is screwed with 3 screws to the consol.

p1040411c.jpg

p1040420m.jpg

The center part is removable:
p1040422c.jpg
p1040423i.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 654
  • p1040411c.jpg
    p1040411c.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,298
  • p1040420m.jpg
    p1040420m.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 281
  • p1040422c.jpg
    p1040422c.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 137
  • p1040423i.jpg
    p1040423i.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 139
nice fit. now you need to find somewhere to put the other one.

I assume in the colorado you don't have cup holders in the top of the cubby box like the prado's do ! or is that you wanted a more secure hold whilst off road ?

Nick.

I hope they dont affect the reliability :think: :think: :think:

My Colorado has them there but by god what a stupid place for them to put them in the first place

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think all Colorados/Prados have the 2 cup holders build into the (back) top of the centre console. However I think they are meant for the rear seat passengers. If the driver or passenger tries to use them, they'll simply knock any drink over with their elbows before they can reach them!

The driver's/front passenger's cup holders are at the front of the console, using the fold-down holders. You can see it in KZJ90's pics above, but as he points out they are fairly useless too. :roll:

I use the upper one most days and have never had an issue with knocking it or elbows, having said that, mine is automatic so I'm not constantly moving my elbows in that area !!!

Nick.

chadr said:
I think all Colorados/Prados have the 2 cup holders build into the (back) top of the centre console. However I think they are meant for the rear seat passengers. If the driver or passenger tries to use them, they'll simply knock any drink over with their elbows before they can reach them!

The driver's/front passenger's cup holders are at the front of the console, using the fold-down holders. You can see it in KZJ90's pics above, but as he points out they are fairly useless too. :roll:

Just like that. I have 4 cupholders, no 6 cupholders in my Land Cruiser (Colorado/Prado, what ever), those which chadr told + 2 in the rear panels, beside of the rear seat. Everyone has them. But non of them is useful for driver/co-driver.

Back