Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Current Draw when switch is turned to ACC

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Folks,
Just wiring in a AuxBeam 8-switch control panel (bit like sPOD but a whole lot cheaper), some of the connections will be to lights, horns etc, which I will only need when the car is fully turned on, or at least the car is turned to ACC.
There is one set of lights that will be used to light up under the awning when camping and therefore I'm wondering, as this set of lights will be on for say an hour or two, would mean the car switch would be turned to ACC for that time and I am concerned that it might run down the starter battery. The Control panel will be wired to the Leisure battery.

I dont really want to have a separate switch just for these lights, so the question is how much current draw does the car take when on ACC??

Thanks
Craig

The “ACC” circuit is fused at 50A with secondary fuses for things like radio, fag lighter etc and any additional equipment added by owners. There‘s also an ACC feed to the power outlet under the bonnet. If you want to know what the actual current draw is on the ACC circuit with your current setup the easiest and most accurate way is to measure it at the battery with multimeter/ammeter.
Why not just wire the awning lights from the permanent live in the under bonnet power outlet?

Because I want to use my fancy new Panel ;-) and that would mean another switch.
This is what I got here!!

But like the idea on using an ammeter to measure the draw.
Thanks
Craig

That’s neat. So you have just one cable to run into the cab for the keypad and the rest is out of sight under the bonnet or wherever:thumbup:

Yep, I have been removing all the relays and switches I had all round the place.

Need to replace the centre cover with the old switch location! But this is how it looks.

6B2D078D-E112-4C08-98DA-D28395D1C0AD.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back