Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CV Replacements

steverjuk

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So I'm looking for some replacements CVs for my cruiser as I've had to get Trevor to fit an emergency HDK CV joint. I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and go with so Chrome Moly parts and keep the ones Trevor has fitted for emergency replacements. Has anyone got an recomendations, I've found these Nitro ones that have good reviews or is the best bet to just get some OM parts?

Toyota genuine is what experience of many has taught. I have a feeling @karl webster was doing these and the seals at a good price. Otherwise it’s Amayama with a two week wait, import duty and VAT.
Replace all the seals and any worn parts /bearings while you’re in there. Search for ‘front axle rebuild’ on here. There’s also a thread from Julian Voelcker describing how to set the preload on the wheel bearings for which you’ll need the tool which isn’t expensive. Be very careful when putting it back together that all seals are fitted and seated correctly and use Toyota genuine throughout.

Thanks for the shout out Rich.

I have some more landing next week due to my stock level dropping due to sales.

Send me a pm if you would like a price comparison Steve.

OEM without a doubt. Chromoly rarely needed for anything less than 37" tyres unless you are very hard on the vehicle

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back