Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

CV split boot kits

I have seen universal versions but TBH, unless they are mega good quality and glued when spotlessly clean you will be lucky to get a year out of them.

Have you thought about the stretch versions? Yes a little dismantling but perhaps worth it?

Regards

Dave

I have seen universal versions but TBH, unless they are mega good quality and glued when spotlessly clean you will be lucky to get a year out of them.

Have you thought about the stretch versions? Yes a little dismantling but perhaps worth it?

Regards

Dave

I didnt know about the stretchy ones..
How do they compare with OE boots? I am going to have to do this on the drive, not looking forward to that.

Get real ones. It's not hard, and the weather is good unless you're in Scotland. There's a good write up on here from about 6 months ago.

If the 120 is the same as the 90 front end just unbolt the caliper lift and it off the disk , take out the 4 lower bj bolts , undo the hub nut and you can pull the steering knucle and everything attached to it off the cv .

Get real ones. It's not hard, and the weather is good unless you're in Scotland. There's a good write up on here from about 6 months ago.

found your thread ! thanks for writing it all up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use the stretch versions when an OE one is not available and time is not on my side. Undo the hub as above but leave the shaft in place, both inner and outer CV'S in situ.

Cut off old gaiter inner or outer, slip plastic cone in place and new gaiter slides over them.

Outers will last around 4 years, inners a lot longer, never had to replace a stretchy so at minimum 5 years.

Regards

Dave

Back