Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cybox 2.5 stainless exhaust system

RBG21

Country Flag
uk
Just wondered if anyone else has bought one of these off eBay?, I’ve bought one and it says it follows original routing which it doesn’t bid as it comes in 6 pieces me and my mate just can’t get it to join up.

If anyone else has had one of these I’d love to know how you managed to get it to fit correctly as were scratching our heads!.

Didn't buy this one, but did buy another copy pattern exhaust for our 80 off e-bay a few years ago. It fit fine, but the rear mount was incorrect - it routed on the opposite side of the rear chassis leg, compared to the previous one. We cut off and realigned the rear mount and it fitted perfectly after that. Any chance you're having a similar issue?

me and my mate just can’t get it to join up.

Firstly, what year is your truck? there were 2 variations where the "Amazon" models had the rear most section routed differently to the pre " Amazon" ones. Is this the problem?
If so the rear hanger can be moved to the other side of the chassis to hang it correctly. If this is not the problem then can you enlighten us further so we understand the issue.

I fitted a Cybex 3" back stainless to my 100 series. It was a great fit but the last section wouldn't fit round the long range tank so I had to have that bit custom made.

I can't understand why Cybox only do a 2.5 inch system for an 80 yet a proper 3 inch system for a 100....
If they did a 3 inch 80 series system I'd buy one ....

Cybox used my truck to develop the 3" system which they now sell .It fits well as they built it and made the jig to make others they dont do a dump pipe which may be a problem in the future.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Firstly, what year is your truck? there were 2 variations where the "Amazon" models had the rear most section routed differently to the pre " Amazon" ones. Is this the problem?
If so the rear hanger can be moved to the other side of the chassis to hang it correctly. If this is not the problem then can you enlighten us further so we understand the issue.

I fitted a Cybex 3" back stainless to my 100 series. It was a great fit but the last section wouldn't fit round the long range tank so I had to have that bit custom made.

It’s the mid section where it goes round the chassis beam more, trying to get it to join up and it just doesn’t work without touching something.
We’re going to try again after work this eve as they’ve asked for some pics of where it won’t fit so I will post some up on here too.
It looks a decent system just hope I can get it to work.

Hi Andy, not sure if it’s the same on the 80 and 100, but the small section with a bend in which bends over the chassis rail keeps hitting the underside of the car when we try to connect the section with the silencer to it, it just won’t get anywhere near where it needs to be unfortunately and is miles off from being able to join the bracket to the car

Mines a 1994 12V, it did say it was suitable for 80 Series 1990-1997 but maybe this is the issue if the routing is different?.
Perhaps their design was designed off a later 80 and isn’t suitable for the earlier ones?.

Although I mat be stating the obvious but have you re assembled the old one on the floor and tried re assembling the new one side by side to see where the difference is?

Back