Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cybox stainless exhaust

silvercruiser

Hello

has anybody had any dealings with cybox exhausts?

They do an off the shelf stainless exhaust for my 120, in the pics it doesn't look too bad.
they do three options

System with no CAT
System with Dummy CAT
System with Sports CAT

The link only shows the System with no CAT
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251732262777?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Im thinking of going for the sports cat system just to keep away any future problems at MOT time.
its a 2.5" mandrel bent system so slightly bigger than stock.

Fitting the 3" stainless exhaust on my D4D 90 didn't alter things much as far as i could tell , that said i was running it with half an exhaust prior to that , possibly it might not be a "performance" upgrade but it will last forever being stainless .

Food for thought is all .

I have looked at the 3" systems, according to a few aussies they can foul on the section that goes over the rear axle and that would bug the life out of me if i had a rattle, even if it was only now an then.

i think the best system from what i have read is the 2 3/4 size but i need to import from australia and its just ends up silly money.

Thats why i looked at this one. not really looking for a huge gain from the exhaust, just thought if its a bit less restricted it will help with EGT's.

I've raved about the 3" on my 1kz and i still think its the best mod i have , but i think with the d4d having a micro managed turbo it doesn't benefit in the same way , so i wouldn't pay mega bucks and that ebay looks ok to me .

Why not try running without an exhaust for a lap , no exhaust is the same as a bigger exhaust in a diesel :think: but then i suppose these new fangled contraptions have sensors to shut you down if you like to have fun messing with things :icon-cry:

If i take the exhaust off, i might have to go for a spin down Southend seafront. Im sure i still have my baseball cap somewhere......:whistle:

In all seriousness i have asked for some pics of the system with the sports CAT installed to see if i like the way its all made up. if im happy i probably give it a go.

is the OE exhaust nor fairly well done? They seem to say it's a 100k miles or 10yrs service. My 120 has now done over 120k miles and still has, in what seems to be, a fairly good condition exhaust.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah My 120 still has the original 13 year old exhaust. its a bit rusty in places and OD is about 2 1/4" so its just helps it breath a little more. plus its shiny for a little while :icon-biggrin:

Back