Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cyprus Calling............

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi everyone!
I would like to introduce myself. I am a Brit living in Cyprus. I had a Suzuki Samurai for quite a few years here where I learned to off road. I spent several years and $$$$$ modifying the Sami to a very good standard. I decided bumping about getting hot & dusty was no longer for me. So sold the Zook and bought a normal car.

However, I really do miss (as does the boss!) driving down the many varied tracks we have here and I want to get back out there and have decide I want a LC of some sort. Probably a 90. So I am making plans to sell my current car and researching the World of Land cruisers so I know what to look out for. I am finding it hard to locate the specs for different models just now but will be reading everything I can.

Hope to see/read you all at some stage.
Regards,
Geoff

Welcome along, there is a lot of information to research here and I am certain you will gather all you need.
If uncertain there are enough of us who can offer advice and encouragement.
Please do also post a few pictures when you can of the vehicle you chose, or have a look at, we like pictures :)

Hi everyone!
I would like to introduce myself. I am a Brit living in Cyprus. I had a Suzuki Samurai for quite a few years here where I learned to off road. I spent several years and $$$$$ modifying the Sami to a very good standard. I decided bumping about getting hot & dusty was no longer for me. So sold the Zook and bought a normal car.

However, I really do miss (as does the boss!) driving down the many varied tracks we have here and I want to get back out there and have decide I want a LC of some sort. Probably a 90. So I am making plans to sell my current car and researching the World of Land cruisers so I know what to look out for. I am finding it hard to locate the specs for different models just now but will be reading everything I can.

Hope to see/read you all at some stage.
Regards,
Geoff

Welcome Geoff, there a few LC lads in Cyprus and I was there myself over Christmas and new year. While I was there I was researching buying a Cruiser to leave there to use, Big reality check !! They were so expensive, Prado/Collie, 120 and Amazon and few for sale.
Also check the regulations regarding modifications. Dervis on the forum here is from Famagusta and a really helpful guy.
Where on the Island are you? I guess it makes a difference which side you are on.

Thanks guys!
AndycruiserguyLomas - I am near Paphos. I guess with a name like "Dervis" the gentleman is from North Cyprus. There are a lot of modded LC's here and yes they really are expensive compared to the UK. Mind you, they are nearly always rust free. It is not really worth buying anything in the UK to bring out because of a) taxation here and b) the rust on UK vehicles. At least here once they get to be ten years old (ish) they mostly hold their price.
Geoff

Thanks guys!
AndycruiserguyLomas - I am near Paphos. I guess with a name like "Dervis" the gentleman is from North Cyprus. There are a lot of modded LC's here and yes they really are expensive compared to the UK. Mind you, they are nearly always rust free. It is not really worth buying anything in the UK to bring out because of a) taxation here and b) the rust on UK vehicles. At least here once they get to be ten years old (ish) they mostly hold their price.
Geoff
They most certainly do hold their price!! I guess its just that we're not used to it with everything being half price here. We stayed in Paphos 28th to 30th. Every Cruiser I saw last year on a drive was on the same drive this year. Although I ( and I guess I'm not on my own here) tend to play "spot the Cruiser" when on holiday but although mainly I saw Prados and a couple of Amazons none had any mods on them.
Yes they nearly all rust free and to bring one back to the UK might be a plan except they are twice the price.
Next time we are over,( next Dec) I wouldn't mind meeting some of these modified LC owners and seeing their trucks.

Well Andy when I used to go on the off road "Safari's" as they call them here all sorts turn up but I only had eyes for Zooks then :) There is a Cyprus Facebook page:- TOYOTA LAND CRUISER CY. Now I am looking at LC's, I may take pics and post em up. But if you look at the FB site there are plenty of images and vids.
Geoff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Andy, just introduced myself to Dervis and see you brought him goodies!
Yes contact me before your visit next year and will see if I can sort out some Prados to ogle!

Geoff

Welcome Geoff there plenty of good dedicated LC folk here so you’ve joined and right place. Hopefully you’ll have a LC soon to share.

All the best

Dervis

Hello Geoff,
Looking forward to hearing about your search and succesful purchase. Best of luck finding what you want. Please keep us informed of progress

Cheers ben

Back